08-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chocolate buttermilk cake
Hello everybody! I just made this yesterday and it was a sucess, everyone loved it! (especially my boyfriend!) Try it out and let me know what you think about it To make the chocolate filing:
- 180g butter (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 330g caster sugar
- 4 eggs (seperated)
- 110g flour
- 50g baking powder
- 35g cocoa powder
- 180ml buttermilk
- 400g dark chocolate (melted)
- 250g butter
- 80g Icing sugar mixture
- Preheat oven to 150ºC. Grease a round cake pan.
- Beat butter, essence and sugar in a bowl (use an electric mixer) Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time, until just combined. Transfer mixture to large bowl and stir in sifted dry ingredients and buttermilk.
- Beat egg whites in clean bowl with an eletric mixer and then, fold cake mixture into 2 batches. Pour cake mixture in the prepared pan.
- Bake in moderate oven for about 35-40 mins. Cool cake in pan
- Split cake into 2 layers. Place 1 cake layer onto a serving plate and spread thinly with remaining cake layers and filing all over the cake. Place into the fridge for 1 hour or 2.
- Melt the chocolate
- Add butter to the melted chocolate
- Add the icing sugar and wait until it is coolen, then only spread it over the cake.