Chocolate Cake at Buffalo Wild Wings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wonderblade

Assistant Cook
Hey everyone!
I am having a hard time experimenting in the kitchen, trying to reproduce
the specific taste of the chocolate cake that I had at Buffalo Wild Wings.
Does anyone know a recipe to do this? I cannot buy here because I live in Germany.
On the menu, it is called "chocolate fudge cake" and is served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Nevertheless, its texture is significantly different from what is generally known as a chocolate fudge cake or devil's food cake. The regular chocolate fudge cake (one I made) is quite good, but it was not creamy and airy enough. In its creaminess and airiness, it is also significantly different from merely "moist" cakes, such as Hershey's "Deep Dark Chocolate Cake" recipe.
The cake at Bufallo has three layers that have a soft chocolate ganache between them and on the top layer.
You can see it here (go to "Menu" and then "Desserts"):

Buffalo Wild Wings®

So far so good. What is special about it, is the extremely airy taste of the layers. There are little holes in the dough, and I don't mean the regular ones in a crumbly cake structure. They resemble those of French chocolate mousse. When putting it in your mouth, it melts a bit and you can feel the little holes making tiny sounds when collapsing in your mouth. The taste texture of the cake is somewhere between a mousse and a cake. It is quite soft and really creamy, but nevertheless as rich in taste and as filling as a heavy chocolate cake.
I also tried some chocolate mousse cake recipes from the internet, but they didn't work out. I put some chocolate mousse (really airy and light) in a spring form and put it in the oven, but it came out quite hard and dry, not soft and creamy. Maybe I left it in the oven for too long? But I don't want the cake to fall apart into a big blob, either.
I found one other forum dealing with this question (on yahoo answers), but the suggested recipe did not work out. Would be great if you folks could help me out.
I am dying to make this cake myself :chef:.

Thanks a lot

Wonder

Back
Top Bottom