Chocolate cake topping with a light crunch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think my desired glaze is a proprietary blend of toxic chemicals that Hostess considers a "recipe" lol :) Your recipe was perfect for flavor! It really worked out well for the cake and if I had to do it again, I would probably still use that recipe! Well, actually I'd go out and get some Kirsch because I'm dying to try #3 :)

Overall, the only thing I'd change to the cake as a whole would be the salt. I'd probably half the salt in the cake mix. I wouldn't change a thing with the chocolate glaze!

- Steven

S. Mack,

Yes, thanks alot ... I like number 3. I am going to post the photo of my Fraisier which is a Bizcocho Genovese cake with a mousseline made with Kirsch, vanilla bean, sugar, milk, butter, two flours, wheat and corn and then strawberries fresh, marmalade and marzipan rose color ( almond ) and the glaze is thick ... I shall scan it tonight and post if for you here on this post.

Let me know your views.
Thanks alot,
Margi.

*** I also have some others from Mom Eva and shall post them here for you. I have an orange glaze and a coffee. I have noticed that most glazes do not have cream or butter ... they are simple sugar and liquor based which provide that glaze.

Glad it tasted wonderfully too.

Have a lovely evening.
Margi.

Steve,

Hostess Cupcakes: I would gather it has quite a number of artificial preservatives for glaze ... However, I have not had one in 2 decades ! Do they still manufacture them ? I have been in Europe since 1992 ... Have not seen them at Taste of America however, I have not thoroughly checked.

Sempre, Ciao.
Margi.

I have no idea. I also haven't had one in over a decade! In fact, I may be remember the texture entirely wrong.

it really isn't important. When I was envisioning the concept for the cake, for whatever reason, I was picturing this crunchy texture. Like the hard shell of that special ice cream topping (but that only works if cold). While the end result wasn't what I had in mind... in all honestly, it was probably better :)

Come to think of it... I probably ate a hostess cupcake that was on the counter for 3 weeks and that's why it was crunchy!

S_Mack: Here is the French Fraisier Glaze Photos

S_Mack:

The Fraisier Glaze Cake ...

Attachments

• fraisier french glaze cake.jpg
    fraisier french glaze cake.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 204
That looks fantastic! If I ever find myself in Spain or Italy... I'm coming over for cake! :)

S_Mack,

Just let us know, so we can meet up for wine and dinner or lunch, and of course, I shall prepare a Fraisier for your and your Mrs. to take back to your Hotel with you.

This is the glaze recipe I had given you ... I am sure, you can prepare it, it is not difficult ...

Kind regards, and Have a great summer,
Margaux.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom