Chocolate chip cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
3/4 cup butter
1.5 cups brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
2.5 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1-1.5 cups chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar, add eggs, vanilla and milk. Add flour and baking powder and stir well to incorporate. Fold in chocolate chips and pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Do not let overbrown.

And as a spoiler...Nutritional info:

• Servings Per Recipe: 24
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 232.7

• Total Fat: 10.6 g
  • Cholesterol: 15.8 mg
  • Sodium: 83.6 mg
  • Total Carbs: 39.0 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g
  • Protein: 3.1 g

Sounds good and easy, Alix! I have filed this away for when I can bake again! I am doing brownies this week to take to the church on Sunday so I have to buy some flour and sugar - maybe I will get enough for this too and take it as well. I need to bake but can't eat it so I have to find people (who live in my area ;)) to give it to! :)

Its my fall back cake. Its fast, easy and everyone loves it. A cup of Earl Grey and a slice of cake is the perfect afternoon snack.

Alix, this sounds brilliant...I have never tried chocolate chips in a cake before....heavenly :)

I used to have to hide the chocolate chips when I was living in my daughter's building. And here is the reason why.

Eagle Brand® Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

Every Christmas my grandson requests this. I am not sure if it is for the chocolate chips or just the richness of the whole thing. One can never go wrong with chocolate anything. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom