"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cakes & Cupcakes
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2019, 07:29 PM   #1
Senior Cook

Chocolate dessert lovers - you gotta try this!

This is a simple & easy but ultra decadent, limited ingredient chocolate mocha torte recipe that will keep you opening the fridge for more !

Ingredients:

- 8 oz. good quality dark chocolate broken up into medium-sized pieces - your choice of dark chocolate, but Lindt comes to mind - 80% or more
- 1/2 cup espresso coffee (or any coffee)
- 8 oz. butter, preferably unsalted, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- some chopped nuts of your choice, if you like nuts in your heavenly torte (optional)

Heat oven to 350 - Grease & flour a 9-inch spring form pan, wrapped with foil around the outside bottom to prevent leakage.
Put the chocolate and espresso in a glass bowl or dish & nuke for approx. 30 seconds or more until smooth and glossy.
Stir until smooth, and add the butter, a few chunks at a time, and whisk until the mixture is smooth & glossy.
Then beat in the sugar.

Beat the eggs in a bowl and then slowly pour over the chocolate mixture, whisking constantly.

Pour the batter into the pan.

Bake until the cake is cooked through - about 40 to 50 minutes. (Might still be a bit giggly in the center, but no matter, it`ll firm up on cooling).

Cool for 5 minutes and run a knife around the edges & remove the sides of the spring form pan. Cool completely.

Wrap the cake well in plastic wrap & refrigerate overnite or up to 2 days.

Remove from fridge, unwrap, set on a plate at room temp about an hour before serving. It`s great plain, or with a raspberry sauce, or with whipped cream, or any custard sauce- whatever. Cut into small, thin slices - it`s really rich.

Give it a go, you`ll love this yummy, decadent dessert for any special occasion. It`s so easy to make, you`ll want to make it often. I`ve done this numerous times & all my guests have loved it !!

I know this without them telling me - cause there`s never a crumb left on their plates !

Old 08-25-2019, 08:48 PM   #2
Sous Chef

That does sound delicious. I've made a number of similar, flourless chocolate tortes, and all were delicious. Not the prettiest of baked goods, but delicious, to chocolate lovers.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:24 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Will it taste like dark chocolate? Because, I really don't care for dark chocolate.
Old 08-25-2019, 10:40 PM   #4
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Will it taste like dark chocolate? Because, I really don't care for dark chocolate.
The answer is yes and no.

This torte is deliciously chocolaty, but of course quite sweet.

Yes it's made with dark chocolate which though, by itself, may have a slightly 'bitter' or odd taste to some people.
But certainly not in this recipe.

Try it out for your family, friends &/or guests - you'll see how much they'll go for it - and you could have a little taste yourself to see if you care for it.
Old 08-27-2019, 06:15 AM   #5
Executive Chef

yummm.... copied and saved!
Old 08-29-2019, 02:51 PM   #6
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnlaw View Post
yummm.... copied and saved!
If & when you try it, please let us know what you thought of it, and if you'd make it again.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:58 PM   #7
Sous Chef

I copied the recipe, too, and I know it will be good! If I had somewhere to take it, or a bunch of people to share it with this weekend, I would bake it now - the temp is down in the 60s! lol But for just 2, I can't make something like that - no chocolate willpower.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:17 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

It sounds great. I posted my favourite chocolate mousse recipe. It isn't mine, it was given to me. Hope I didn't break any rules. I tried to find it on the Internet...doesn't seem to be a recipe that was released before The Beaver Club closed.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:25 PM   #9
Senior Cook

I love chocolate mousse too - actually I love almost all things chocolate !

Tags
chocolate, dessert, recipe

Chocolate dessert lovers - you gotta try this! This is a simple & easy but ultra decadent, limited ingredient chocolate mocha torte recipe that will keep you opening the fridge for more ! Ingredients: - 8 oz. good quality dark chocolate broken up into medium-sized pieces - your choice of dark chocolate, but Lindt comes to mind - 80% or more - 1/2 cup espresso coffee (or any coffee) - 8 oz. butter, preferably unsalted, cut into small pieces - 3/4 cup sugar - 4 eggs, lightly beaten - some chopped nuts of your choice, if you like nuts in your heavenly torte (optional) Heat oven to 350 - Grease & flour a 9-inch spring form pan, wrapped with foil around the outside bottom to prevent leakage. Put the chocolate and espresso in a glass bowl or dish & nuke for approx. 30 seconds or more until smooth and glossy. Stir until smooth, and add the butter, a few chunks at a time, and whisk until the mixture is smooth & glossy. Then beat in the sugar. Beat the eggs in a bowl and then slowly pour over the chocolate mixture, whisking constantly. Pour the batter into the pan. Bake until the cake is cooked through - about 40 to 50 minutes. (Might still be a bit giggly in the center, but no matter, it`ll firm up on cooling). Cool for 5 minutes and run a knife around the edges & remove the sides of the spring form pan. Cool completely. Wrap the cake well in plastic wrap & refrigerate overnite or up to 2 days. Remove from fridge, unwrap, set on a plate at room temp about an hour before serving. It`s great plain, or with a raspberry sauce, or with whipped cream, or any custard sauce- whatever. Cut into small, thin slices - it`s really rich. Give it a go, you`ll love this yummy, decadent dessert for any special occasion. It`s so easy to make, you`ll want to make it often. I`ve done this numerous times & all my guests have loved it !! I know this without them telling me - cause there`s never a crumb left on their plates ! 3 stars 1 reviews