Chocolate frosting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dengirl

Assistant Cook
Poking for a moist recipe to put on my daughters cupcakes I will baking tomorrow. Thanks

Chief Longwind's - Can't Get Enough of It, Chocolate Frosting

I whipped up this recipe at my Niece's house for a birthday party. I was trying to come up with a way to make a memorable chocolate cake, and amazing frosting. My on-the-fly attempt came out better than I'd hoped for. Everyone gushed about it. Here it is for you.

Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
1-1/3 cup cocoa
6 cups powdered sugar
2/3 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
8 oz. Nutella Hazlenut Spread

Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Slowly whisk in the powdered sugar and milk until smooth and creamy. Fold in the Nutella until well mixed. Add the vanilla.

My favorite chocolate cake:
Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake

Dry Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
4 tablespoons dark cocoa

Wet Ingredients:
1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup water

Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bow. Add the wet ingredients and whisk until a smooth batter is formed.

2. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 X 16 or 9 X 18 baking pan.

3. Slightly jiggle pan to smooth out batter and to help release any large air bubbles
that may be trapped in the batter.

4. Bake at 350 degrees in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick
inserted in the center comes out clean.

Can also be made into cup cakes.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I just made a Swiss meringue buttercream frosting for the first time tonight and it is amazing! It's light and fluffy and perfect for making those tall swirls you see in pastry shops. I used this recipe:

Swiss Meringue Buttercream - Martha Stewart Recipes

The initial recipe is for a basic vanilla, but at the bottom it gives directions for turning it into chocolate (basically just adding melted semi-sweet chocolate at a certain point). It's a bit involved and requires a stand mixer, but most of the work is just waiting for it to mix. It may not be worth it for a toddler, but if you want something for an older child or to impress adult guests, this one is a winner.

I must admit though, I've also had the Chief's frosting that he posted. It's a completely different style and you wouldn't get the visual effect, but it is equally delicious!

I forgot to add, if you don't know how to pipe the big swirls, just search on youtube for "how to decorate cupcakes." It's actually pretty easy.

Chief, I love Nutella. Thanks for the recipe. In fact I love anything that has hazel nuts in it. I have even been known to take a pound of hazel nuts, pulverize them in the mini food processor to a fine powder and replace some of the flour with it when making a chocolate cake. But I do have to be careful that those who are allergic to nuts doesn't get a piece. :yum::yum:

Chief Longwind Of The North said:
Chief Longwind's - Can't Get Enough of It, Chocolate Frosting

I whipped up this recipe at my Niece's house for a birthday party. I was trying to come up with a way to make a memorable chocolate cake, and amazing frosting. My on-the-fly attempt came out better than I'd hoped for. Everyone gushed about it. Here it is for you.

Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
1-1/3 cup cocoa
6 cups powdered sugar
2/3 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
8 oz. Nutella Hazlenut Spread

Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Slowly whisk in the powdered sugar and milk until smooth and creamy. Fold in the Nutella until well mixed. Add the vanilla.

My favorite chocolate cake:
Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake

Dry Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
4 tablespoons dark cocoa

Wet Ingredients:
1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup water

Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bow. Add the wet ingredients and whisk until a smooth batter is formed.

2. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 X 16 or 9 X 18 baking pan.

3. Slightly jiggle pan to smooth out batter and to help release any large air bubbles
that may be trapped in the batter.

4. Bake at 350 degrees in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick
inserted in the center comes out clean.

Can also be made into cup cakes.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

OMG! Something else I must try. I pray the lord just snatches some of my tastebuds out before I outgrow my clothes. Sounds delish. Thanks Chief. You've always been an excellent & trusted source for recipes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom