"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cakes & Cupcakes

Old 03-31-2007, 09:05 AM   #11
Executive Chef

Oh WOW! You already made it!!! Do post back and let me know after you eat it! And don't forget to eat a big chunk for Miss Kitty too!

Old 03-31-2007, 09:15 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Miss Kitty...

A gentleman never goes back on his word to a Lady!! I will indeed eat my portion as well as a portion in your Honor!! It made up perfectly. I will wait until Sunday AM to make the Raspberry Sauce. I am drooling in anticipation.

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:39 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

TNT on two Continents. Miss Kitty's World Famous Chocolate & Grand Marnier Tort with Raspberry Sauce. Ya gotta try this one!! I give it 5 Stars.

Thanks for Sharing Miss Kitty.

Old 04-01-2007, 01:49 PM   #14
Executive Chef

YAYAYAY! Love the picky! So happy it turned out good and you enjoyed it!!!
Old 04-01-2007, 02:50 PM   #15
Executive Chef

actually, i tuned in just for this thread. A few months ago I made a flourless chocolate cake that was heavenly, absolutely the best dessert I have ever made. But I am wondering how the Grand Mariner enhances this cake? And the raspberry sauce? One time I made a chocolate ricotta cheesecake that was better by itself than with the raspberry sauce I tried to add. And will you look at the size of that piece of cake? Any comments on the flavorings of this incredible looking dessert?
Old 04-01-2007, 03:18 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Miss Beth...

This was my first time making this so my comments would have to based on a one time experience. I followed the recipe on the cake to the letter. As to what it would be like without the Grand Marnier I don't know. Based on other recipes that I have made using Grand Marnier it depends on the recipe. In some recipes the presence of Grand Marnier can be very pronounced in other subtle. This cake is very good, rich etc. To me the Grand Marnier was subtle, to my daughter who does not drink it was more evident. The raspberry sauce I tasted before adding the Grand Marnier, and obviously after too! I can say the addition of the Grand Marnier in the sauce was a big plus to me. The somewhat tartness of the raspberry sauce was a nice compliment to the richness of the cake. In the end it goes to personal preference. The cake is delicious with or without the sauce, The sauce would be delcious with or without the Grand Marnier. The next time I make this it will be per the recipe above.
Is the piece of cake not big enough for ya? The plate is a dessert plate and the piece of cake really not that big.

Enjoy!

Old 04-01-2007, 08:43 PM   #17
Executive Chef

UB, you precisely answered my awkardly phrased questions. I was concerned the Grand Mariner would overpower the chocolate confection. I only drink the stuff by the drop. Subtle Grand Mariner sounds sublime . I believe I will make this just as written, too. Thank you for your advice.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:15 PM   #18
Executive Chef

OK kids, I think I'm going to make this for my boy for Valentines Day. I've never made it for him! And I think it's been something ridiculous like ten years since I made it, so now is the time!

Uncle B, I don't think mine will come out as lovely as the picture you took when you made it!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:36 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

It's no fail Miss Kitty, and sooooooo delicious!!!

Enjoy!!

Old 01-28-2008, 11:51 PM   #20
Master Chef

Good Lord my diet doesn't stand a chance in this forum!!
Looks absolutely wonderful!

Tags
None