Chocolate Mousse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Panacotta76

Assistant Cook
10 servings/
-285 g bittersweet chocolate
-42 g butter
- 5 eggs, separate yolks and whites
-30ml water
-57 g sugar
-240g heavy cream ( as to be whipped)
- rum 1 spoon 5 ml optional
- 100g almond flakes grilled for decoration optional.

1. Combine the chocolate and butter and melt over a bain marie.

2. Combine the egg yolks with half of the water and half of the sugar and whisk over a bain marie (63 degrees C) for 15 seconds. Remove from the heat and whip until cool.

3. Combine the eggs' whites with the remaining sugar and whisk over a bain marie. Same temperature as above. Remove from the heat and beat full volume until cool and meringue picks in formation stand.

4. Using a rubber spatula, fold the chocolate mixture into the eggs yolks.

5. Fold the egg white mixture ( meringue) into the egg yolk-chocolate mixture.

6. Add and fold the whipped cream. Add rum if desired. Pour onto ramekins and sprinkle with the almonds (optional).

Enjoy!

Welcome to DC. I take it you are in the UK. We have a lot of members from your country. This is a fun place to be. Lots of laughter, information and tons of other interesting bits. So please stick around. We love new members. :angel:

I have never made a mousse. It is on my list and this sounds yummy.

Thanks your explanations are clear too! Just I'm afraid to make 10 servings as I would probably eat them all.

And Welcome to DC!

thank you!

Hello,
thank you for your kind messages, yes i live in the UK but I am French , hence my poor English grammar. But my philosophy is "everybody understands any languages when it involves food"!!!!! I love cooking but I don't have sometimes have time. I am browsing for new yummy recipes and I am glad I have joined DC community.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom