Chocolate Muffin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattchewone

Assistant Cook
Hi,

Does anyone have a nice good moist chocolate muffin recipe?

Or even a white chocolate one...

I've not done muffins before and are am a bit new to it, ive done cupcakes, but not muffins. Are they the same just larger? Sorry for sounding a bit dumb!

Any tips are always welcome :)

Thanks

Chocolate chocolate chip muffins, they are yummy!!

img_1002085_0_748ef133d76536520244e803c4e05529.jpg

img_1002085_1_66c39277d33f8872e18c56db3a61d473.jpg

img_1002085_2_1bc6f448e7c0a8af140a746a84e95f83.jpg

This is based on a recipe off the internet. I have fiddled with this and that but haven't rewriten it yet. If you are interested let me know and I will PM you.

These double chocolate muffins are so good. And, when you make them as mini muffins they only have less than 100 calories each so you don't have to feel bad having a few :)

022e+adjustbrightness.jpg

I hope this is what you're looking for!

Last edited by a moderator:
msmofet said:
Chocolate chocolate chip muffins, they are yummy!!

This is based on a recipe off the internet. I have fiddled with this and that but haven't rewriten it yet. If you are interested let me know and I will PM you.

thischickcooks said:
These double chocolate muffins are so good. And, when you make them as mini muffins they only have less than 100 calories each so you don't have to feel bad having a few :)

I hope this is what you're looking for!

Would you be kind enough to PM me these recipes please?

I see some recipes call for butter and others oil, which is better? I have found lots of different recipes and not sure which one I should try.

Found this one, going to try this I think:

250g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
½ tsp salt
100g caster sugar
75g plain chocolate chips
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
250ml milk
90ml vegetable oi

Sorry I didn't send you the recipe. Things got crazy around here.

Here is the ingredient list of my recipe.

1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled (for reduced fat version 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter & 1/4 cup applesauce)
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 cup light brown sugar (for reduced sugar version amount of sugar can be cut in half)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

I haven't tried the "reduced" version yet but plan to soon.

I tried the recipe I posted and they turned out really moist but seem a bit flavourless could I increase the cocoa? Add a bit more sugar to make them a bit sweeter?

Just done another batch lol.

Added another egg and doubled the cocoa. They taste alot better than the first batch but still feel like they are missing something. Lovely and moist but just maybe not enough chocolate or something.

Any ideas?

Just done another batch lol.

Added another egg and doubled the cocoa. They taste alot better than the first batch but still feel like they are missing something. Lovely and moist but just maybe not enough chocolate or something.

Any ideas?

Why not try the ones that we posted for you? The muffin I linked to is very deep chocolatey and moist, and msmofet's ingredients are very similar. If you need a conversion table from U.S to metric, I can link you to one.

Last edited:
Thanks will try one of the recipes stated above this week and see what they are like.

Thanks will try one of the recipes stated above this week and see what they are like.

If you try the one I posted, just omit the optional pearl sugar on top - it's not necessary. Whatever recipe you try, let us know how it turns out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom