Chocolate Pudding Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
Chocolate Pudding Cake
Yields: 12 servings

This is a great, gooey cake that has it’s own sauce. I’ve made this many times. It’s great with ice cream.

2 c flour
1 ½ c + 2/3 c sugar, in all
4 T baking powder (this is not a typo!!)
½ t salt
1 ¼ c unsweetened cocoa, in all
1 c milk
1 T vanilla
½ c melted butter
½ c brown sugar
2 c freshly brewed coffee
1 c water
whipped cream for garnish, optional

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 9 x 12” pan. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, 1 ½ c sugar, baking powder, salt, and ½ c cocoa. Set the mixture aside. In another bowl, combine the milk, vanilla, and melted butter, and mix well. Don’t worry if the butter starts to solidify, just mix it well.). Add the dry mixture to the liquid mixture, and mix only until just combined. You will end up with a gooey, sticky batter. Spoon the batter into the buttered pan, spreading it evenly over the bottom. In a bowl combine the brown sugar, remaining white sugar, and remaining cocoa. Mix well with a fork and sprinkle over the top of the batter. Mix together the coffee and water, and pour over the sugar mixture on top of the batter. Bake 30 – 40 minutes. Check every 5 minutes after the first 30 minutes. You will know the cake is done when it pulls away from the sides of the pan and some sauce comes bubbling through the top surface. Serve it with whipped cream if desired.

never had it made with the coffee. It's terrific without, I bet its over the top with the mocha flavor!!

Oh my...this is getting made in a couple weeks when we have some friends over for dinner! Sounds delicious! Thanks Allen!

Back
Top Bottom