Chocolate syrup on chocolate cake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeeK727

Assistant Cook
Hi, My first post here. Hope to learn something from the experts here.

I received a chocolate tutty frutty cake as a gift from one of our relatives and to be honest I didn't really liked it much. It was like eating the "cake" part of the cake, if you know what I mean.

So I tried making it a hot chocolate pastry.....it wen't well for the most part but I would like to know how you guys would do it? I searched the internet but all I could find was recipes of making the cake from scratch.

After several tries here's what I've got that tastes the best. Heat the cake on low setting in a microwave (no oven here, sorry :neutral: ) and pour liquid chocolate generously.

I can't put chocolate in the microwave even for 5 seconds because it starts to smell like it's burning so I put it on later.

TLDR: I wanna add chocolate syrup to chocolate cake to make a hot chocolate pastry. Ideas?

Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking :)

I had to look up tutti frutti cake. We call it fruit cake here in the United States.

I'm not sure what exactly you are trying to accomplish. What is a hot chocolate pastry? You can't turn a cake into a pastry just by adding melted chocolate to it.

If you can describe your goal a little better, we may be able to help you.

Well to give you an example, I've got something like this and I'm trying to acheive this

This piece of cake :p is hot like it just came out of the oven. I know they can be heated in a microwave cauz I saw it at a local bakery but would you try to make a hot chocolate cake from fruit cake? If yes, how?

Back
Top Bottom