Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

C-Mart

Assistant Cook
I am a cheesecake fool, and I have found this great recipie that everyone loves. I have to give credit to Hershey's though, because that is where I found it. I have made many variations on this cheesecake though that have all been great: (Oh, this is from memory, so it may not be exactly what the original recipie calls for - but I don't even look at the recipie anymore when I make this)

Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake
Crust
2 C. crushed vanilla wafers
2 T. Cocoa Powder
2 T. powdered sugar
4 T. melted butter
Filling
3 pkgs. Philly Cream Cheese
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
2 C. semi-sweet or dark chocolate (I prefer Ghiridelli)
3 eggs

Crust
Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl, or better yet in a food processor. Then add the butter and mix just until all the dry ingredients are wet. Pour into a springform pan and press into the bottom - you can press it up the sides as well if you like, but I only like bottom crust on my cheesecakes. Put in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes and then take it out and allow it to cool completely. Turn your oven down to 305 degrees.

Filling
Break your chocolate into small pieces and then melt in a double-boiler. Set aside. In a standing mixer with paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until smooth - medium to high speed. Scrape down the bottom and sides and then with the mixer on low-medium speed slowly incorporate the sweetened condensed milk. Again scrape down the sides of the bowl and then on low speed incorporate the melted chocolate. After another scrape down, mix in the eggs at slow speed one by one, mixing only until the eggs are incorporated.

Wrap the cooled pan in aluminum foil to keep it water-tight and fill a large baking dish about 1" with hot water. Place the pan on the oven rack and then slowly place the cheesecake pan into the water bath. Bake for about 45 minutes and then check it. The center of the cheesecake should giggle slightly and the edges should be firm. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake, water bath and all, in the oven with the door cracked for about an hour. Then take the cheesecake out of the oven and leave on a cooling rack until almost completely cooled, about 3 hours. Using a thin knife loosen the sides of the springform pan, but don't remove the side. Cover with plastic wrap laid directly on the top of the cheesecake and chill for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight before removing sides of pan and serving.

C-mart your Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake sounds delicious. I love chocolate so anything with chocolate is a must. I will make a copy and try it out sometime.

Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom