Claudia's Canadian Cheesecake
This recipe was one a friend of mine in grad school used to make. Sadly, she died from skin cancer in 1993. She was only 33 and had 3 children. I'd like to share this recipe in memory of Claudia.
Claudia's Canadian Cheesecake (Claudia was from Germany)
1 c graham cracker crumbs
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c melted butter
1 envelope gelatin
1/4 c cold water
250 g (8 oz) cream cheese
1/2 c sugar
3/4 c milk
1/4 c freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 c heavy cream, whipped
1. Combine the first 3 ingredients, press in the bottom of a 9 in. springform pan.
2. Soften the gelatin in the cold water.
3. Combine the cream cheese and sugar. Gradually add milk, lemon juice, and softened gelatin.
4. Chill until slightly thick. Fold in cream.
5. Spread over crust and chill until firm.
I imagine she got this recipe from someplace, but the discussion of cheese cake made me remember Claudia and how she'd bring this to cheese cake to the German lounge or to potlucks. Claudia--I miss you.