CM and EJ quick cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
When I made this the recipe called for putting it into cake cases..Now, since I haven't a clue what a cake case is, I pressed it into an 8 inch square pan, when finished I spread melted chocolate over the top. My two older grandsons, loved it..so the CM and EJ cake was born:LOL: This is quick and easy...
3-mars bars, cut into pieces
3-oz. butter or margarine
3-oz. rice crispies
6-squares bittersweet or milk chocolate, melted
Melt the Mars bars and butter and stir in the rice crispies. Pat into a buttered 8-in. square pan, Melt 6 squares of bittersweet or milk chocolate and spread over the top of the cake, cool, CUT and have a piece before the kids find it:ROFLMAO:
ENJOY
kadesma:rolleyes:

Yum! Sounds like you invented your own candy bar almost!

Does it stick to the bottom of the pan at all or does the butter mixed with the rice crispies and candy bars help?

Pa, I buttered the bottom of the pan and just one corner gave me some trouble..the rest came out of the pan just fine..

kadesma:)

Wow! Mars Bars!!! I grew up with Mars Bars. Didn't know they were still around. (I'm only 21:rolleyes: ). Your recipe looks Mar-velous (sorry, couldn't resist). (Could have said out of this world, but had to stop myself & rest my "case.")

mish said:
Wow! Mars Bars!!! I grew up with Mars Bars. Didn't know they were still around. (I'm only 21:rolleyes: ). Your recipe looks Mar-velous (sorry, couldn't resist). (Could have said out of this world, but had to stop myself & rest my "case.")
You're 21 too:LOL: wow small world :rolleyes: Yes I just got them last week...I guess we get so into trying all the new things they throw at us that we forget the "old standby's" Glad you like the recipe, it's so easy and Cade had fun patting the cake into the pan..I'm surprise I didn't have to cool him instead of the cake he was wearing so much of it:ROFLMAO: But, hey how else do they learn? And this way they are so busy they don't squirm when ya give um a quick hug and kiss.
kadesma

It's so heartwarming to read about you cooking with the kids, Kadesma. Wish my grandma was still around. Some of my fondest memories were "helping?" her cook in the kitchen. And, yes I'm (still) 21 :-p (at heart).

mish said:
It's so heartwarming to read about you cooking with the kids, Kadesma. Wish my grandma was still around. Some of my fondest memories were "helping?" her cook in the kitchen. And, yes I'm (still) 21 :-p (at heart).
Thank you,That's what it's all about for me Mish, I love cooking, but, I love and adore my children and grandchildren..I hope mine feel about me as you do about your grandma..
kadesma

mrsmac said:
Mars Bar slice- an Australian favourite! We make it in a slice tin, its so easy and really popular.

oooo, that sounds yummy mrsmac. Never heard of a Mars Bars Slice. Is it the same recipe as kadesma's? If not, please post for us?

P.S. I still remember a chocolate candy bar called "Payday." :LOL:

Mish, Cade and I made this tuesday, but, couldn't find mars bars, so we used the king sized milky way..worked great and the whole thing was gone before bed time :LOL:

kadesma

Mars bar slice is the same as Kadesma's, we sometimes make it with Snickers as well. We haven't been able to get either for a wile because there was a poisoning scare where someone with a grudge claimed to have put poison in all these mars and snickers bars so they were all taken off the shelves.

Hah! Mars Bar slice, now theres something I havent had in _years_. My Mum used to make it, and you could always get it at School Fairs.

Now that Mars' are back on the shelves (as Mrs Mac outlined above) it might not be an idea to whip up a batch.

One of the kids at school said they were handing out free mars bars in the city now that they are available again. I feel sorry for Mars cause it must have cost them a fortune.

Looks like we have different Mars Bars :LOL:

British Mars Bar

Weight: 65g Colour: blackDescription: "milk chocolate with soft nougat and caramel centre"
anal.jpg

American Mars Bar

Weight: 49.9g Colour: off-yellowDescription: "Creamy Caramel & Nougat"
anal.jpg

I was talking to my s-i-l and he said to get the snickers with almonds to replace the mars bars as they are not being made anymore here. I looked for the snickers with almonds BUT!!!! So we settled for milky way:LOL:

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom