Delicious and idiot-proof!
Coconut Pecan Torte
1 12-ounce box Nabisco Nilla Waffers cookies
1 cup butter
½ cup milk
2 cups white sugar
1 7-ounce can or bag of flaked sweetened coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 325; grease and flour one 12-cup Bundt pan.
2. Put cookies in food processor and pulse until reduced to fine crumbs; set aside.
3. Heat butter in microwave for about one minute, until just barely melted; set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs with whisk until light, frothy, and well blended.
4. Add the milk and sugar and whisk until well blended.
5. Add the cooled, melted butter and whisk until well blended.
6. With a rubber or silicone spatula, mix in the cookie crumbs until well blended.
7. Add the coconut and pecans and mix with spatula until well blended.
8. Pour batter evenly into the prepared pan.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour 35 minutes; cake is done when it begins to pull away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick or cake tester inserted in middle comes out clean.
10. Cool cake in pan on rack for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
Makes 20 servings.