Constant Comment Tea Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marmalady

Executive Chef
If I got this recipe from here, and it's someone else's, I apologize - I can't remember! I'm making it for sale, and the 'little old ladies' are loving it for their tea parties!

Constant comment tea cake

1 9” round

½ cup milk 5 Constant comment tea bags ½ cup butter 1 cup sugar

3 eggs 1 2/3 cups flour 2 ½ tsp. baking powder

Preheat oven to 350; grease and flour a 9 inch round.

Combine milk and tea bags in a small saucepan. Heat over medium til bubbles form around the edge, stirring occasionally. Do not boil. remove from heat and let cool 15-20 minutes; remove tea bags, squeezing out liquid. Set aside.

Cream butter and sugar til smooth; add eggs and blend. Add cooled milk; whisk thoroughly. Add flour and baking powder, mix until a smooth batter forms.

Pour batter into pan; bake approximately 35 minutes, til center of cake springs back. Cool on wire rack before removing from pan. Dust top with powdered sugar.

Marmalady - This sounds so fabulously easy that I want to definitely make it. I've printed it out, but I have two questions for you. Can a square 8" pan be used? Do you know if it freezes well? Thanks.

I love Constant Comment. I'll bet this cake is so aromatic and spicy tasting!
I'll have to get some new baking powder...can't remember when I used it last. It's been SEVERAL years. :blush:

Cats, sure you could use an 8" square; it'll just be a little thicker, and you may have to bake it an extra 5 or so minutes - do the toothpick test!

Constance - we definitely have to get you baking more!:chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom