"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cakes & Cupcakes

Old 08-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Cooking times for desserts

Hi all! Since it's just my fiance and me I tend to halve my dessert recipes and make two "mini desserts" instead of having a full size dessert that we're just going to end up pigging out on. I do it quite often with cheesecake, but I have a bit of trouble with cooking times. I'm not sure whether I should lower the oven temp or cooking time. Or both. I've found if I just lower the cooking time I get overcooked edges, but I'm not sure how much I should lower the temperature by. Any tips are appreciated!

Old 08-29-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
Master Chef

If the cooking temperature is meant to be 355F I drop the temperature to 320F. This usually works for me with baked puddings and quiches. I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do though. Then I just check it with a skewer once the top is browned to see if it's done since the baking time will vary too.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking, desserts