Cornbread Bread Pudding! Help? :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThePurpleChef

Assistant Cook
So, earlier today, for Thanksgiving, I made cornbread from the Jiffy brand cornbread mix, and... It came out too dry and dense. :/ I don't want it to go to waste, so I was trying to think of what I could do with it to revive it... And I thought of the idea of bread pudding because people use their stale bread that they don't want to go to waste into bread pudding. Any thoughts on this? :) Good idea or bad idea?

Also, I was hoping someone could maybe give me an idea of what to put in the bread pudding mixture. I've never made bread pudding before, but I like the idea of it, and I would like to try it. :) So, please! Help me out! :0

I used two boxes of the Jiffy cornbread mix.

Yeast breads are most often used for bread puddings, they hold up better. I would use the cornbread in the bottom of a bowl of chili or bean soup.

Welcome to DC!

Yeast breads are most often used for bread puddings, they hold up better. I would use the cornbread in the bottom of a bowl of chili or bean soup.

Welcome to DC!

Really? Hm... I feel as though the corn bread is held up well enough, though, ha ha. :P

And thanks! :)

Last edited:
In my experience, cornbread dissolves when it gets too much moisture, as it would by trying to make it into bread pudding.

What about a cornbread stuffing or dressing to go with the left-over turkey?

I like to use leftover cornbread. diced, as a filler for tamale meatloaf, using taco seasoning and drained stewed tomatoes.

Back
Top Bottom