"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cakes & Cupcakes
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2017, 09:35 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

GG, those chocolates look positively drool-worthy. Does (s)he sell retail, or just to friends and family?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef View Post
...If you want a quality (or as Ina would say, a really good ganache, buy one that's professionally made, in 22 different flavours!
I thought you were retired.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you. ~ BB King
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:42 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
GG, those chocolates look positively drool-worthy. Does (s)he sell retail, or just to friends and family?

Mostly wholesale. These are from her "build your own Valentine's chocolates box" promotion at the local whole-animal butcher shop that also sells other locally produced goods. They're amazing

Old 04-17-2017, 09:49 PM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I am retired, but I still know a great product when I use it, and I have used their ganache many times. Have you ever noticed I never mention their icings? That's because they are terrible!
Old 04-18-2017, 12:46 AM   #14
Head Chef

Cheif: You let the ganache set in room temperature for while then it stop being runny , you can even whip it and pipe it then.

https://mycupcakeaddictionblog.com/2...anache-3-ways/

Tags
butter, chocolate, chocolate chips, cream, recipe, white chocolate chips

Creamiest Chocolate Frosting Ever Hve you ever noticed that most butter-cream frostings have a slightly grainy feel from the powdered sugar? I have. I found a way to get rid of that grainy texture, but it involves work. So I tried something different, at least for me. Many of you may already know this recipe, it's simply a modified ganache. Ingredients: 1 cup good milk, or semi sweet chocolate chips 1 cup good white chocolate chips 2/3 cup cream 3 tbs. salted butter. Place all ingredients into a microwave safe dish, and heat for two minutes on highest microwave sitting. Remove and whisk together. Remove tbs. of the mixture, and place in the freezer until room temp. Feel the texture of the room temperature frosting. It should be soft enough to spread, but firm enough not to run. If needed, add a little more chocolate chips, or cream to achieve the desired texture. This frosting is so creay that it's nearly unbelievable. You can see yourself turning this into a filled chocolate filling, or a truffle, or eating it as a chocolate spread on graham crackers. Mix with nutella for something amazing. You get the picture. Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North 3 stars 1 reviews