"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cakes & Cupcakes

Old 06-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #1
Everymom

Crepe Cake

Crepes

2 cups flour
2 cups milk
4 eggs
1/3 cup melted butter

Whisk milk and eggs together, add flour and whisk til smooth. Pour in the melted butter after its cooled a bit and whisk again. Pour into a heated crepe pan, swirl and flip when ready. Makes about 12 - 15 crepes depending on your pan.

Filling

Small jar of nutella (1 cup?)
8 oz of cream cheese

Blend together until smooth. Smear between crepes and layer them up.

Fruit topping

1 bag of frozen mixed berries (1 kg)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp of cornstarch dissolved in 4 tbsp cold water

Pour berries in a pot and set on low. Stir in the icing sugar and allow to heat slowly. Pour in the slurry once berries have started to liquefy and allow to set a bit. This should look like unset jam.

Use a sharp knife to cut the cake as it is a bit slippery. Serve a slice of cake with a big dollop of berries and a blob of whipped cream. Please do not ask me about the calorie count. I have not done it and I don't WANT to do it.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

lol, it's funny if you read this in the voice of inspector clouseau.

Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle ay
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:16 PM   #3
Everymom

Anything is funny read in that voice.

It is especially funny because of the nutella...

Tags
cake, cream cheese, crepes, nutella, recipe

Crepe Cake [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Crepes 2 cups flour 2 cups milk 4 eggs 1/3 cup melted butter Whisk milk and eggs together, add flour and whisk til smooth. Pour in the melted butter after its cooled a bit and whisk again. Pour into a heated crepe pan, swirl and flip when ready. Makes about 12 - 15 crepes depending on your pan. Filling Small jar of nutella (1 cup?) 8 oz of cream cheese Blend together until smooth. Smear between crepes and layer them up. Fruit topping 1 bag of frozen mixed berries (1 kg) 1/2 cup sugar 2 tbsp of cornstarch dissolved in 4 tbsp cold water Pour berries in a pot and set on low. Stir in the icing sugar and allow to heat slowly. Pour in the slurry once berries have started to liquefy and allow to set a bit. This should look like unset jam. Use a sharp knife to cut the cake as it is a bit slippery. Serve a slice of cake with a big dollop of berries and a blob of whipped cream. Please do not ask me about the calorie count. I have not done it and I don't WANT to do it. [/FONT] 3 stars 1 reviews