Cupcakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
I have been asked to bake a cake for a friend's birthday. I was told that there would be 20 people at the party. Sooo, since I can't find a recipe that will give off that many servings, I am thinking of cupcakes. do you have a favorite recipe? thanks for any help.

What sort of cake flavors did you have in mind? Most cake recipes do well baked as cupcakes, just reduce the baking time.

Another option for a larger group is to make two cakes (2 different flavors) which gives folks a better opportunity to eat the flavor they prefer.

I have a great recipe for an orange pound cake and would like to use that for my cupcakes. It would bake in a 10 inch tube pan if I did the cake, but wouldn't serve 20. Think it would work?

I have found over the years that if I make a three layer nine inch cake, then thin slices for each individual make it possible to serve more people. :angel:

Birthday Cake For A Crowd

You could also make a sheet cake.

+1

I made this
https://mykitcheninthemiddleofthede.../26/st-patricks-day-dessert-texas-sheet-cake/

rexas sheet cake.jpg

This recipe is from Cook's Country and is very rich, chocolate-y and decedent.
It makes 24 3"X3" servings, but I found that they were more than generous servings and cut several in half.

I think this recipe is best for you Cramel Crunch Cupcakes

For Cupcakes:

In a large bowl, combine flour and cocoa powder, sugar powder and baking powder and salt. Add butter, eggs and vanilla stir it for 2 minutes. Divide it on cups. Bake it 18 to 20 minutes until insert the toothpicks in it and come out clearly. Cool down it completely, and serve in room temperature.

Caramel frosting:

For caramel frosting you can use vanilla cream, caramel sauce and liquid chocolate.

I think this recipe is best for you Cramel Crunch Cupcakes

For Cupcakes:

In a large bowl, combine flour and cocoa powder, sugar powder and baking powder and salt. Add butter, eggs and vanilla stir it for 2 minutes. Divide it on cups. Bake it 18 to 20 minutes until insert the toothpicks in it and come out clearly. Cool down it completely, and serve in room temperature.

Caramel frosting:

For caramel frosting you can use vanilla cream, caramel sauce and liquid chocolate.

Welcome to DC, but you're a little late to the party, as it was held almost a year ago. :)

When I was younger, My mom would make orange cupcakes with chocolate frosting and bring it into class on halloween.

Simple, but the Orange and chocolate flavors went so well together ( IMO)

Back
Top Bottom