"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cakes & Cupcakes

Old 02-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
Head Chef

Diabetic Frendly Cheese Cake

Hubby is Diabetic, This is my recipe that I created tonight . It was awesome. Thought I would share.

Josie

Chocolate Swirl Cheese Cake
Josie’s

Graham Cracker Crust
1-Package Graham Crackers Crushed
1/4 –Cup Splenda
4- tablespoons butter
Mix and pat into bottom of spring form pan.

Filling
3- 8oz Packages Cream Cheese
3- Large eggs
1- Cup Splenda
2- Tablespoons Corn Starch
1- Teaspoon Vanilla
1- 3.5 Oz Bar Ghiradelli Intense Dark Chocolate 72% Cacao (melted)

Beat cream cheese until fluffy add Splenda and beat until incorporated. Add Cornstarch and vanilla. Add eggs 1 at the time . Mix until smooth. Very important not to overmix it. I used the paddle on my Kitchen Aid Mixer. Pour Batter into pan. Drizzle melted chocolate on top of filling and use a knife to gently swirl . Place in a water bath and bake in a 300 % oven until set. Mine took 45 minutes.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:23 PM   #2
Certified Cake Maniac

Josie, this sounds wonderful and something my diabetic Dad would love. My only concern is the cream cheese - did you use light? How big a package of graham crackers did you use? I buy crumbs in large quantities and just measure what I need but others might want to know the size.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
Head Chef

I used regular cream cheese. That was what I had. I used one sleeve of graham crackers. Sorry I don't know how much that is in measurement. I only put the crumbs on the bottom. I have made lots of cheese cakes with no crust. I don't see any reason the lite cream cheese would not work. I know fat free dosen't work for me. Wish my camera was working it was pretty.

Josie
Old 02-17-2011, 09:50 PM   #4
Certified Cake Maniac

I figured one sleeve, but sometimes US and Canadian products come differently so wasn't sure. I just eyeball for my crusts.

I usually use regular cream cheese for Dad as well, but was just wondering what you used.

I am definitely going to make this very soon. He loves his treats! Thanks for posting it.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:24 PM   #5
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie1945 View Post
Hubby is Diabetic, This is my recipe that I created tonight . It was awesome. Thought I would share.

Josie

Chocolate Swirl Cheese Cake
Josie’s

Graham Cracker Crust
1-Package Graham Crackers Crushed
1/4 –Cup Splenda
4- tablespoons butter
Mix and pat into bottom of spring form pan.

Filling
3- 8oz Packages Cream Cheese
3- Large eggs
1- Cup Splenda
2- Tablespoons Corn Starch
1- Teaspoon Vanilla
1- 3.5 Oz Bar Ghiradelli Intense Dark Chocolate 72% Cacao (melted)

Beat cream cheese until fluffy add Splenda and beat until incorporated. Add Cornstarch and vanilla. Add eggs 1 at the time . Mix until smooth. Very important not to overmix it. I used the paddle on my Kitchen Aid Mixer. Pour Batter into pan. Drizzle melted chocolate on top of filling and use a knife to gently swirl . Place in a water bath and bake in a 300 % oven until set. Mine took 45 minutes.
Looks good, Josie!

I created a crushed pecan crust for diabetic cheesecake! I just swapped the same amount of crushed pecans for the graham crackers. Otherwise our recipe looks the same.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:25 AM   #6
Assistant Cook

Oooh yum!! I have to give this a try. We don't have Graham crackers here but I'm sure I can think up an alternative.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #7
Senior Cook

I'm sure you didn't have any cornstarch lumps in your cheesecake, but it so you might want to consider mixing the cornstarch and the Splenda together. Or maybe people just do that when adding cornstarch to liquids.

Tags
cake, cheese, recipe

Diabetic Frendly Cheese Cake Hubby is Diabetic, This is my recipe that I created tonight . It was awesome. Thought I would share. Josie [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Chocolate Swirl Cheese Cake[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Josie’s [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Graham Cracker Crust[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]1-Package Graham Crackers Crushed[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]1/4 –Cup Splenda[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]4- tablespoons butter[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Mix and pat into bottom of spring form pan.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Filling[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]3- 8oz Packages Cream Cheese[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]3- Large eggs[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]1- Cup Splenda[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]2- Tablespoons Corn Starch[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]1- Teaspoon Vanilla[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]1- 3.5 Oz Bar Ghiradelli Intense Dark Chocolate 72% Cacao (melted)[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Beat cream cheese until fluffy add Splenda and beat until incorporated. Add [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Cornstarch and vanilla. Add eggs 1 at the time . Mix until smooth. Very important not to overmix it. I used the paddle on my Kitchen Aid Mixer. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Pour Batter into pan. Drizzle melted chocolate on top of filling and use a knife to gently swirl . Place in a water bath and bake in a 300 % oven until set. Mine took 45 minutes.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] 3 stars 1 reviews