Diabetic Frendly Cheese Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josie1945

Head Chef
Hubby is Diabetic, This is my recipe that I created tonight . It was awesome. Thought I would share.

Josie

Chocolate Swirl Cheese Cake
Josie’s

Graham Cracker Crust
1-Package Graham Crackers Crushed
1/4 –Cup Splenda
4- tablespoons butter
Mix and pat into bottom of spring form pan.

Filling
3- 8oz Packages Cream Cheese
3- Large eggs
1- Cup Splenda
2- Tablespoons Corn Starch
1- Teaspoon Vanilla
1- 3.5 Oz Bar Ghiradelli Intense Dark Chocolate 72% Cacao (melted)

Beat cream cheese until fluffy add Splenda and beat until incorporated. Add Cornstarch and vanilla. Add eggs 1 at the time . Mix until smooth. Very important not to overmix it. I used the paddle on my Kitchen Aid Mixer. Pour Batter into pan. Drizzle melted chocolate on top of filling and use a knife to gently swirl . Place in a water bath and bake in a 300 % oven until set. Mine took 45 minutes.

Josie, this sounds wonderful and something my diabetic Dad would love. My only concern is the cream cheese - did you use light? How big a package of graham crackers did you use? I buy crumbs in large quantities and just measure what I need but others might want to know the size.

I used regular cream cheese. That was what I had. I used one sleeve of graham crackers. Sorry I don't know how much that is in measurement. I only put the crumbs on the bottom. I have made lots of cheese cakes with no crust. I don't see any reason the lite cream cheese would not work. I know fat free dosen't work for me. Wish my camera was working it was pretty.

Josie :)

I figured one sleeve, but sometimes US and Canadian products come differently so wasn't sure. I just eyeball for my crusts.

I usually use regular cream cheese for Dad as well, but was just wondering what you used.

I am definitely going to make this very soon. He loves his treats! Thanks for posting it.

Hubby is Diabetic, This is my recipe that I created tonight . It was awesome. Thought I would share.

Josie

Chocolate Swirl Cheese Cake
Josie’s

Graham Cracker Crust
1-Package Graham Crackers Crushed
1/4 –Cup Splenda
4- tablespoons butter
Mix and pat into bottom of spring form pan.

Filling
3- 8oz Packages Cream Cheese
3- Large eggs
1- Cup Splenda
2- Tablespoons Corn Starch
1- Teaspoon Vanilla
1- 3.5 Oz Bar Ghiradelli Intense Dark Chocolate 72% Cacao (melted)

Beat cream cheese until fluffy add Splenda and beat until incorporated. Add Cornstarch and vanilla. Add eggs 1 at the time . Mix until smooth. Very important not to overmix it. I used the paddle on my Kitchen Aid Mixer. Pour Batter into pan. Drizzle melted chocolate on top of filling and use a knife to gently swirl . Place in a water bath and bake in a 300 % oven until set. Mine took 45 minutes.

Looks good, Josie!

I created a crushed pecan crust for diabetic cheesecake! I just swapped the same amount of crushed pecans for the graham crackers.:) Otherwise our recipe looks the same.:chef:

Last edited:
Oooh yum!! I have to give this a try. We don't have Graham crackers here but I'm sure I can think up an alternative. :D

I'm sure you didn't have any cornstarch lumps in your cheesecake, but it so you might want to consider mixing the cornstarch and the Splenda together. Or maybe people just do that when adding cornstarch to liquids.

Back
Top Bottom