Do you like Italian Carnival Frittelle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simonaskitchen

Senior Cook
In this period of the year we use to prepar tipical cakes, such as Frittelle.
The recipe is simple, does anyone already tried it? Do you like Frittelle?:chef:

Here you are:

Ingredients: 200 gr rice, 1/2 liter milk, 2 eggs, 4 yolks, 4 spoons of flour, 30 gr butter, 100 gr raisins, 1/2 glass Rhum, 1 small spoon yeast, 1 lemon, salt, oil to fridge

Let the milk boil with 2 glass of water and a few salt, then drop the rice and after a few seconds, drop the butter, 30 gr sugar and peel of the lemon, finely minched.
Let all cook well, all the liquid will be absorbed, then take from fire and let the rice be cold.
Add the yolks, yeast, flour, Rhum and raisins, mix all very well and gently, and at the end just before fridging, add the whipped albumen.
Take a small quantity of mix, helping with a spoon, and fridge in bloing olive oil, turning on both sides, as far as it takes a golden color.
Serve warm, dusting with sugar.

Suggestions: while taking the frittelle out of boling oil, put them on a towel or a absorbent paper, to eliminate excess of oil. In this way frittelle will be a little fat-low! :angel:

Ciao,

Funny, I had been looking for a not too sweet Italian pastry for the Easter Holiday Week coming in ... I had done a search, and your Fritelli post came up.

Thanks for posting recipe.
Margaux Cintrano.

I have been navigating for a not too sweet recipe for a pastry to make at the condo in Italia. Thought that this would be real nice ... and I like lemon, raisins and Rum ... Would you have a foto of the dessert by chance ?

Thanks for post ...
Margi.

Back
Top Bottom