Do you like lemon cupcakes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cuppers

Assistant Cook
what do you think about this?

Attachments

• cupcakes-n-macarons_lemon cupcakes 1.jpg
    cupcakes-n-macarons_lemon cupcakes 1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 334
  • cupcakes-n-macarons_lemon cupcakes 2.jpg
    cupcakes-n-macarons_lemon cupcakes 2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 314
  • cupcakes-n-macarons_lemon cupcakes 3.jpg
    cupcakes-n-macarons_lemon cupcakes 3.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 247
  • cupcakes-n-macarons_lemon cupcakes 5.jpg
    cupcakes-n-macarons_lemon cupcakes 5.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 233
  • cupcakes-n-macarons_lemon cupcakes 6.jpg
    cupcakes-n-macarons_lemon cupcakes 6.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 376
wow, beautiful pictures, cuppers.

6 please. :pig:

or if can only have 1, i want the leader (the one in the in the 2nd picture that got the others in line, then armed himself with a butter knife and attacked a phalanx of lemons, taking 4 of the injured as prisoners)

happy aussie day, btw.

Last edited:
Wow, they look amazing! I wonder what is the frosting made of. Buttercream?
I just made some last week. Basic batter with lemon zest, italian meringue frosting and lemon curd as filling. Something like lemon pie cupcakes. They were awesome.

Cool pictures, love the one with the 4 halved lemons.

I just found some purple cupcake papers - purple is my Dear DIL's fave color. I was going to make white cake colored with (probably Wilton) food color. I just love lemon curd (Princess Fiona's recipe) and wonder if a lemon curd filling in a purple cupcake would work out or if the colors would be off-putting and just unappetizing. :-p

PS - just re-read the original post. That would be purple, lemon flavored cupcakes with curd filling. Ewww?

I don't like lemon cupcakes, but I do like those ultra-moist cake squares/cubes flavored with lemon and coated in coconut. They come in chocolate, too, but I like the yellow lemon ones.
I only saw them at one bakery when I was a kid and haven't seen them since.

I don't like lemon cupcakes, but I do like those ultra-moist cake squares/cubes flavored with lemon and coated in coconut. They come in chocolate, too, but I like the yellow lemon ones.
I only saw them at one bakery when I was a kid and haven't seen them since.

I've made these. Are they anything like you are talking about?

Lemon Coconut Squares Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes

I've made these. Are they anything like you are talking about?

Lemon Coconut Squares Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes

No, those aren't them. Thanks for looking :)
I can't remember if it was this forum long ago or not, but I recall somebody attaching a name to what I was describing.
They are about 3" cubes made with white, super-moist cake.
Then it looks like they would be pressed into either a chocolate or lemon sauce on all sides. How they do that is beyond me, they are so moist you have to be careful when you just pick one up and take a bite. They are very delicate.
Then they are pressed into the coconut on all sides.

I'll email my sister, she might remember what they were called.

No, those aren't them. Thanks for looking :)
I can't remember if it was this forum long ago or not, but I recall somebody attaching a name to what I was describing.
They are about 3" cubes made with white, super-moist cake.
Then it looks like they would be pressed into either a chocolate or lemon sauce on all sides. How they do that is beyond me, they are so moist you have to be careful when you just pick one up and take a bite. They are very delicate.
Then they are pressed into the coconut on all sides.

I'll email my sister, she might remember what they were called.

I would love to know how tho make those too. They sound good! Let me know please if you find them.

Wow, they look amazing! I wonder what is the frosting made of. Buttercream?
I just made some last week. Basic batter with lemon zest, italian meringue frosting and lemon curd as filling. Something like lemon pie cupcakes. They were awesome.

Cool pictures, love the one with the 4 halved lemons.

Yes, those are buttercream with homemade lemon curd flavor. By the way, thank you for the compliment.

Back
Top Bottom