Famous Cheesecake, can you guess?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rdcast said:
Are trade secrets permissible ? I feel like such the scamp !

In most cases I think it's silly to keep it a secret. Unless you really think you have something you can profit from. Even then, is your creation going to be sold all around the world? I know I can only bake so many cheesecakes, or so many pots of chili so I don't need to worry about competition. My FIL supposedly has a secret ingredient for his chili and won't divulge it. I think that is ridiculous.

My son keeps asking for a mint cheesecake, thanks for bringing it up and thanks for giving me confidence today Jen. I needed that. After my last fiasco I wasn't feeling so daring.

vagriller said:
In most cases I think it's silly to keep it a secret. Unless you really think you have something you can profit from. Even then, is your creation going to be sold all around the world? I know I can only bake so many cheesecakes, or so many pots of chili so I don't need to worry about competition. My FIL supposedly has a secret ingredient for his chili and won't divulge it. I think that is ridiculous.
I agree, and I mentioned it knowing full well I'm not of the will or mind to withhold it from my friends here on DC. It's just kind of fun at the moment to have come across something no one else has thought of, lol. But I'm certain when I come out with it some of you will seize the moment to laugh long and hard at me for being so naive in thinking it was a new idea to start with.
But if it puts me further ahead of my competition, you'll understand my dilemma. In NY, cheesecake is big business.

Last edited:
Well with mint chocolate cheesecake I make a chocolate cheesecake then save 10% of the batter

mix with some cocoa and mint flavouring or mint oil and swirl..(or you can omit the cocoa and have a white swirl)

But I know what he wants is a "mint-green" cheesecake with maybe a thin layer of semisweet chocolate covering the bottom crust.

Last edited:
rd, do what Jen says and use a judicious amount of green food coloring. experiment in a separate bowl to get the shade of green you want.

This process of experimenting is so exciting I can barely contain myself. Gretchen is at a loss for why I would bother. I have discovered many things by not following the paths set by others. We owe so much to the sacrifices paid by all the trailblazers whom we've learned from.

You misquoted me. I asked if I had missed why you are doing this in particular. If you are doing it for the sheer joy of it, then that is great.

mudbug said:
rd, do what Jen says and use a judicious amount of green food coloring. experiment in a separate bowl to get the shade of green you want.
yes-m, u'd be surprised how obedient I can be.

Back
Top Bottom