Fill frosting flavors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pengyou

Senior Cook
That's a nice tongue twister. After my last confusing post I have decided to make a five layer chocolate with dark chocolate, white chocolate and milk chocolate layers (2 flavors will be repeated). I want the exterior to be frosted with white chocolate frosting with possibly dried coconut. I know that strawberries and blueberries go well with chocolate - the tartness is a nice contrast. Also considering adding coffee to the white chocolate for trim and garnishes as well as chocolate squares. I am looking for ideas for what to put between the layers. My ideas so far: sliced fresh strawberries, sliced bananas, caramel sauce, white chocolate frosting with lemon, blueberry or raspberry jam. Any ideas? Any rules of thumb to use? I have used almost all of these flavors before with chocolate but not lemon.

Raspberries, strawberries, banana, peanut butter, blueberries, and lmon all go well with chocolate. HOever, mix the fruit into a butter cream frosting befor placing in the cake as they are full of liquid and will make little soggy spots in the cake. Aslo, don't forget suce clasics and german Chocolate (oh, that coconut) Butterscotch, caramel, cheesecake, pastry cream, stabilized Chantilly cream, mint, and toffe. I love both the German Chocolate, and butterscotch frostings with cake. Another killer flavor is to combine either white chocolate or milk chocolate frosting with Nutella. That hazlenut flavor was just made to go with chocolate. A frosting made with added disoled malted milk powder would also be a good choice.

Just a few more options.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom