Fresh ---> Frozen fruit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Half Baked

Executive Chef
Would I be able to replace frozen berries for fresh in this recipe:

Raspberry and blueberry Pound Cake

5 eggs
1 2/3 sugar
1 1/4c butter
2 T Kirsch
1 c + 8T cake flour
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt

1 c fresh raspberries
1 c fresh blueberries

Butter 9 c bundt pan
Dust w/flour

Steel Knife: Blend eggs and sugar until smooth and thick (1 min). Add butter pieces and kirsch and blend until fluffy, about 1 min, scrape down sides Add 2 cups +6 T flour, baking powder and salt and blend in using 2 on/off turns.

Toss remaining 2 T flour with raspberries and blueberries in large bowl. Fold batter into bery mixture using rubber spatula.

Transfer mixture into prepared pan. Place pan on center rack in cold oven. Turn oven to 300. Bake about 1 hr and 25 mins.

Last edited:
Yes. they should actually work just as well. Be sure they are fully thawed, and that you have drained them well first in a strainer and then on paper towels to remove ALL the excess liquid. That would make your cake unduly heavy.

Sounds scrumptious! :) Save me a piece, will ya?

It's a really nice cake and the batter is sweet but the fruits add their sugar, too. I was very timid to put the bundt pan into a cold oven but it worked. I kept checking it every 10 minutes because it made me nervous. It sure was easy to do this in a food processor. I will make this one again.
I took out the fruit (blackberries, raspberries and blueberries and didn't wait for them to thaw much. The cake is yellow with the berries floating about.

btw, I put finely chopped jalapenos in Mr HB's dinner. Nothing was said. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom