Frosting help, please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

navywife

Cook
I made a lovely three layer chocolate cake, and the frosting recipe I used is called "Mrs. Millman's Chocolate Frosting" From the MSL website. It's basically semi-sweet morsels, cream, and a bit of Karo. You're supposed to refrigerate it and stir every 15 minutes for two hours till it's ready to apply.

Here's the rub: I might not have been religious about stirring every 15 minutes, but I have been stirring. It's been four hours, and it really looks way too soft to hold its shape on a cake. I'm not sure what to do next. Freeze? beat a bit and see if it stiffens? Add some magic ingredient to make it solidify? I need to have this cake done before I leave for church tomorrow morning.
Thanks!
nw

I thought about that, and wondered whether or not that would make it too sweet, but I don't see any other alternative.....
Thanks, Alix!

Sweet shmeet. Its FROSTING! I think as long as it holds up it doesn't matter how sweet it is. Folks will love it.

HAH!!!!!
I could've slopped it on with a trowel! Muahahahaha! I did a little bit of both: A bit more melted chocolate, and some icing sugar. It's got that chinky, swoopy consistency, and it looks yummy.

Thanks, y'all!!
nw

glover001

Hopefully this works. I use photobucket, and it's a bit different on this site.
The pie is called chocolate pye....it's GF.

My kids love them, too. When Spongebob's on, everything else pales in comparison for my four-year-old.

We live fairly near the Canadian border, so a lot of things in stores here are also labeled in French, and the translation for Spongbob cracks me up, "Bob L'eponge". Just doesn't have the same zing..... English is such a funny language.

As you might guess from my avatar Spongebob is a favorite of mine too. Your 4 year old has excellent taste!

Back
Top Bottom