Fruitcake Underway...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Girl49

Cook
I'm so glad I have you guys to share my excitement with! My family tries to tolerate my Christmas fruitcake talk...I'm simmering the orange and lemon peel now for the homemade candied peel that goes into my 6-pound cake. Sheer happiness. :chef:

Sounds good. :) What else do you put in that 6 pound cake? I have seen many good recipes on the web; can't decide which one to make.

Jaanetta, All kinds of good stuff in here along with the peel: raisins dark and light; currants; almonds; dried tart cherries; fresh apple and orange; spices; and some bourbon. It's so good. My recipe is adapted slightly from the "Dearborn Inn Fruitcake" recipe found in the early 1980s edition of the New Revised and Updated McCalls Cookbook.

Another very good recipe I saw recently was the "Golden Fruitcake" featured on the King Arthur Flour site. Please check it out and tell me what you think. I may make both!

Thanks for telling me about the "Golden Fruitcake" recipe. I am going to make that one for the holidays. Hopefully my family will gain a newfound appreciation for fruitcake. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom