Glacé icing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mumu

Senior Cook
Is it true this term glacé icing is a hybird... It's icing used as a glaze? I know glaze is a icing but never heard of it as the above. Also, can't remember where I read this but said ..glaze is thinner than icing and glaze is meant to cover whole item . Your thoughts please.

Is it true this term glacé icing is a hybird... It's icing used as a glaze? I know glaze is a icing but never heard of it as the above. Also, can't remember where I read this but said ..glaze is thinner than icing and glaze is meant to cover whole item . Your thoughts please.
Glace (can't do an acute accent to order) icing can be thick enough to stay on the top of the cake without running down the sides or a bit runnier so it does drip/run down the sides or it can be thin enough to make a transparent glaze on the top of, say, a doughnut.

It all depends on the ratio of liquid to icing (confectioners') sugar. Nothing to do with hybrids.

Thanks. That hybird thing didn't make sense to me. William som. books say there's frosting, icing and glazes. But never said anything about glaze icings.....I looked on the Internet and they don't explain the glaze icing.

Back
Top Bottom