Halloween Cake Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

htc

Head Chef
Check out this cake my stepson and I decorated. This is a trial run for a halloween dessert competition. It didn't turn out as nice as I would have liked it. I think trying to make a face is really hard. I have several ideas on how to improve my next cake, but I honestly don't know if it will make much of a difference to anyone other than me. :LOL: (somehow the other picture won't come through, but the link will show it)

That is soooooo adorable! You guys did an awesome job! Let us know how you end up placing (good luck!)

Very spooky!!!

lanchesterbride1.jpg

IC, someone mentioned to me that Bride only has a tiny stripe of white hair, I may change it for the actual competition. Thanks for the pic!!

htc said:
IC, someone mentioned to me that Bride only has a tiny stripe of white hair, I may change it for the actual competition. Thanks for the pic!!
Bride of who? No that's just me when I'm short of sleep and the bills all seem to arrive on the same day :ROFLMAO:

Just kidding :mrgreen: I'm glad I could be of help htc!

I love the cake! I also think you need to keep all the stripes! They look fantastic!!!!

As for faces, they are hard, that's for sure. Whenever I've needed a cute look, I check out my DJ Inkers clip art CDs and copy those ideas.

Also, face features can be "sculpted" from marzipan, which is really easy to work with.

Another idea: fruit leather cut like false eyelashes works well, if you're going with a bride of frankenstein look.

Another thought: you could make eyes out of meringue. Just make a bunch of them and use whichever two come out the best for the competition. The rest can go on a plate as "eyeball cookies" :)

jkath, those are such great ideas! Thank you! I had such a hard time finding the licorice whips, I will try the cut up fruit leather on competition day. :chef: I like the strip hair too, I'm just afraid nobody will know who she is supposed to be. :LOL: Someone thought she was an old Marge Simpson.

Impressive stuff, HTC. If you shape the eyes, made with either marzipan or marangue, and add long eyelashes, then the cake will look more feminen. And the bolts through the neck should clue everyone in that this is the Frankenstein Monster's bride.

You're going to do well with your stepson on this. And it will be a memory that he will cherish, as will you. Good job.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom