Help re: botched cheesecake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cajjipfe

Assistant Cook
It's a no-bake :blush:

I used cherry oil instead of cherry liquer, in the same amount! Now I have cheesecake mixture that's reeking of cherry smell and taste. Would adding more melted chocolate mellow the cherry flavor? Also, I've given up the idea of making a cheesecake out of it (too rich!); would it make for a chocolate cake filling and/or frosting? Any other ideas?

Thanks so much!

funny..

..that I am replying to my own post, but just to update interested viewers, I went ahead and frosted a chocolate cake with the cheesecake mixture. I added more melted chocolate to the mixture until it tasted like black forest cake and filled and frosted a 2-layer chocolate cake.

Good and gooey and chocolatey and my guinea pigs didn't even guess that they're eating the same stuff that's overwhelming the fridge with a cherry smell =)

..that I am replying to my own post, but just to update interested viewers, I went ahead and frosted a chocolate cake with the cheesecake mixture. I added more melted chocolate to the mixture until it tasted like black forest cake and filled and frosted a 2-layer chocolate cake.

Good and gooey and chocolatey and my guinea pigs didn't even guess that they're eating the same stuff that's overwhelming the fridge with a cherry smell =)

How resourceful of you! Please tell my you didn't really feed your pets with this delicious improvisational cake?

I actually fed..

my mom, sister, and fiance! They're my all-time willing taste testers. We're talking about gift-giving and a bit of selling now hahaha..

So much for a botched cheesecake!

Back
Top Bottom