Help with a Chocolate Rum Cake recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

holdmusic

Assistant Cook
I have modified this recipe to use stevia extract instead of sugar. What I would like to do is take the rum from 1/2 cup to 1 full cup. How would I do that? I would also like to make the cake more moist than it is.

4 ounces melted dark chocolate* 2 cups all purpose flour* 11 1/2 teaspoons baking soda * 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg * 2 sticks soft unsalted butter * 3/4 teaspoon stevia* 1 teaspoon vanilla * 4 eggs * 1 1/2 cups buttermilk* 1/2 cup rum *

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Take a medium bowl from the cupboard in your head or from the kitchen and stir together the dry ingredients (all the way to the nutmeg).
In large bowl (or a stand mixer bowl) cream the butter and stevia together until it's pretty fluffy. Beat in the vanilla and eggs (one at a time into the bowl) until blended. Slowly drizzle in the buttermilk and rum. Then add the dry mixture to the butter using a low speed. Add the chocolate and scape down the sides again and mix until it's evenly, smoothly, gorgeously glossy and dark.
Divide the batter between to 9-inch cake pans. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Like other cakes, you know it's done when the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool completely.

Thank-you!

I agree with 4meandthem! Add the additional 1/2 cup after it bakes (and cools). And then wrap it to keep it moist until it all soaks through, like a fruit cake.

Only a half cup?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Go for more like a full cup after it has cooled, you can never have enough Rum in a cake:ermm:

Back
Top Bottom