Help with cheesecake crust

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
Hi. I typically make Rachael Ray's quick tiramisu for DH's birthday, to go with the lasagna I make. This year, I'm thinking of making tiramisu cheesecake bars, but I've already bought the Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies I use instead of ladyfingers.

My question is, can I use the Milanos for a cheesecake crust by whizzing them in the food processor with melted butter? Would the chocolate in the cookies cause a problem? Thanks.

I would think the chocolate would act like the butter to bind it together. I would put a few thought the chopper and then feel it. If you can make it into a ball, I would say you're good. If it doesn't, add a little butter. Just thoughts ... Sounds like a delicious idea!

I would think the chocolate would act like the butter to bind it together. I would put a few thought the chopper and then feel it. If you can make it into a ball, I would say you're good. If it doesn't, add a little butter. Just thoughts ... Sounds like a delicious idea!

Cool, thanks :)

I'd give them a try. Quick tip - don't grind them too fine. I did that once with 'Nilla Wafers and didn't like the texture.

ROFL Ads :LOL:

Did you know, that we also call older women "old chooks" too over here :ROFLMAO:

Gee thanks. I thinks that is better than being an "old bag." Or 'hag'. We have lots of words to des cribe older women and they are not very nice. I just cited two of them. At least "chickens" can strut their stuff. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom