Help with Fondant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kammy

Assistant Cook
Hello,

I have a graduation open house that I have to make cupcakes for. I had originally planned to sugar flowers and decorate them that way, however I cannot find flowers that have not been treated with some sort of pesticide or other chemicals.
So, my other option was decorating with fondant flowers. I have experimented and don't have any problems creating the flowers, my problem is time. Is there any way to speed up the drying time on the fondant so that the flowers don't fall flat and get gummy and pasty against the icing on the cupcakes? I have two days to get these ready if I make the flowers tonight.

Thanks for your help..
Kammy

well you could make the flowers out of gumpaste and then hang them up side down from the wire to allow them to dry, and seeing that gumpaste dries faster and harder than fondant it shold solve your time problem as well as the saging /"falling flat" problem, now the only problem is do you have accss to gumpaste and the fact that gumaste is more expensive than fondant...good luck and best wishes:chef: brandon aka "that_gumpaste_guy"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom