Help with K/A White cake recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vilasman

Senior Cook
If any one is familiar with the white cake recipe from the K/A all purpose flour baking book, (that may not be the title of it), I tried baking the recipe last night. It came out as a wonderful tasting cake, but was still yellow. I used 4oz of butter and 3.5 oz of vegetable shortening and i didnt use country eggs. What else could be wrong?

If you want it completely white you have to use only egg whites and shortening. Otherwise you will always get some tint.

I put in 5 eggs, 4oz of butter and 3.5oz of shortening, I may try it with a majority of shortening. My wife bought a cake last week and I marveled at how white it was on the inside. Wanted to see if I could duplicate

Would you be so kind to tell me what K/A stands for. I am rather new to this forum (and love it) and see many appreviations to learn. Also, that cake sounds good. Where would I find the recipe? Thank you. Betsy.

Would you be so kind to tell me what K/A stands for. I am rather new to this forum (and love it) and see many appreviations to learn. Also, that cake sounds good. Where would I find the recipe? Thank you. Betsy.

KA stands for "King Arthur," which is a brand of premium flour. Check out this site for more information. But, I warn you, it's addictive.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom