Holiday Cheesecakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like making things of a pumpkin nature in October and November. This one sounds good to me.

Lee

MAPLE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE
Makes one 9 inch cheesecake.

1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter, melted
3 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
14 oz. can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
16 oz. can pumpkin (2 c.)
3 eggs 1/4 c. pure maple syrup
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt

MAPLE PECAN GLAZE:

3/4 c. maple syrup
1/2 pt. whipping cream
1/2 c. pecans, chopped

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Combine crumbs, sugar and butter; press firmly on bottom of 9 inch baking pan. In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in Eagle Brand milk until smooth. Add pumpkin, eggs, 1/4 cup maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; mix well. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until edge springs back when lightly touched (center will be slightly soft). Cool. Chill. Top with maple pecan glaze. Maple Pecan Glaze: In saucepan, combine 3/4 cup maple syrup and 1 cup (1/2 pint) whipping cream (unwhipped); bring to a boil. Boil rapidly 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened; stir occasionally. Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Refrigerate leftovers.

And this one looks good for Christmas Christmas Eggnog Cheesecake Recipe | Eggnog Cheesecake Recipes| Christmas Dessert Recipes @ CDKitchen.com :: it's what's cooking online!

Lee

I do not have the recipe on me, but I do one...

Basically a new york style cheese cake, with cubed milk caramel baked in it, a rich butter crust, bake, let set, pour on a thin layer of hard crack caramel, and top with what is essentially an apple pie filling(home made, not prefab). Never had a complaint.

As soon as I find it I will post it is a five chocolate cheese cake that all of my customers swore buy.. It is decadent beyond belife. I just found it and it is a seperate post Enjoy
:):chef:

Last edited:
I'll have to look. I have a separate section in my recipe file just for cheesecake, which is one of Buck's and my favorite desserts. I'll get back later on this and I'm looking forward to all the tasty responses that are sure to follow.

5x Chocolate cheesecake
81/ounces package of chocolate cookies
Pinch each salt and cinnamon
6 ounces of unsalted {if you don’t have unsalted omit salt and use regular butter} melted
10 ounces of semi sweet real chocolate
3 ounces of bitter chocolate
1 1/2 pounds of cream cheese room temperature.
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
2TBL of unsalted butter melted
1 cup of whipping cream
1 tsp Vanilla

Put wafers in food processor and whirl to fine crumbs. Add salt and
Cinnamon, adds melted butter, and whirl to combine. Spoon into a 9 inch spring form pan and press over bottom and slightly up the sides of pan
Chill 10 minutes

Melt chocolate over very hot water but not boiling. In double boiler. Lightly cream cheese and add sugar beat until dissolved add eggs but don’t over mix. Add melted chocolate, melted butter {#2 butter}
Mix until smooth and lump free. Pour into pan and bake in a 325* oven 45 minutes to one hour, or until firm. Turn off heat and leave in oven for another 30 minutes

1] First chocolate is the cookie crust
2] Seconded chocolate is the filling
3] Third chocolate is the fudge topping
4] Chocolate is the chocolate whipping cream
5] Chocolate is the shaved chocolate to garnish with

This turned out to be a big seller. Ounce people tasted it they came back again and again This was my signature dessert at my restaurant. I wound up making two cakes during the week and three on Saturday and Sunday
A Chef David Original

I do not have the recipe on me, but I do one...

Basically a new york style cheese cake, with cubed milk caramel baked in it, a rich butter crust, bake, let set, pour on a thin layer of hard crack caramel, and top with what is essentially an apple pie filling(home made, not prefab). Never had a complaint.
Tattrat! that sounds amazing!

Would you please post the recipe? I'd really like to make that. I have a great NY Cheesecake recipe, but I'd love to have the how-to for the caramel embellishments. :chef:

Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake With Cranberry-raspberry Compote

CRANBERRY SWIRL CHEESECAKE WITH CRANBERRY-RASPBERRY COMPOTE

Bright ribbons of cranberry puree swirled through a creamy white cheesecake create a pretty contrast. Begin the cake a day ahead.

For cranberry purée
2 cups fresh cranberries or frozen, thawed
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons grated orange peel
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 teaspoons vanilla extract

For crust
Nonstick vegetable oil spray
2 3/4 cups finely ground butter biscuit cookies or butter cookies
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted

For filling
4 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Cranberry-Raspberry Compote (recipe follows)

DIRECTIONS:

Make cranberry purée:
Combine all ingredients except vanilla in heavy large saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Cool slightly. Transfer to processor. Add vanilla. Puree until smooth. Strain into medium bowl. Cover with plastic. Refrigerate at least 6 hours.

Make crust:
Spray 10-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides with nonstick spray. Wrap outside of pan with 2 layers of heavy-duty foil. Blend cookies, sugar and cinnamon in processor. Add butter; blend until moist clumps form. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of pan. Chill crust while preparing filling.

Make filling:
Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F. Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in sugar. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Mix in sour cream, whipping cream and vanilla.

Transfer 1/3 of filling to prepared crust. Dollop 1/3 of cranberry puree atop filling. Repeat layering of filling and puree 2 more times. Using knife, swirl puree through filling, creating marbled design.

Place springform pan in large roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of springform pan. Bake until cheesecake puffs around edges, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Turn off oven. Let cake stand in oven 1 hour, leaving oven door ajar.

Transfer cake to rack. Run knife around pan sides to loosen cake. Cool completely. Remove foil from pan sides. Cover cake and chill overnight. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.)

Remove pan sides. Serve cake with Cranberry-Raspberry Compote.

Serves 12.

CRANBERRY-RASPBERRY COMPOTE

This recipe originally accompanied Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake with Cranberry Raspberry Compote. Also good over ice cream or frozen yogurt.

1 12-ounce package frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
1 cup fresh cranberries or frozen, thawed
3/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Combine all ingredients except vanilla in heavy medium saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until cranberries burst and mixture thickens, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool slightly. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until cold, at least 6 hours. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.)

Makes about 2 cups.

Bon Appétit
December 1998

These are my two favorite cheesecakes; I usually make one of each for our big family gathering. My family expects them and gets really miffed if I bring something different.

Luscious Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake

Chocolate Crumb Crust

1-1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1/3 cup melted butter

Cheesecake batter
1-cup sour cream
4 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, room temperature
1-cup sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tablespoons vanilla
4 eggs, room temperature; beaten

Chocolate Curd
1/2 cup Cocoa
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup boiling water
1/4-cup cold water
6 large very fresh egg yolks (older eggs will not set up properly)
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 stick butter-chopped

Preparation: You will need to put a collar on the pan because this cheesecake will rise above the rim of the pan but it will settle back down into the pan as it cools.

Make Crust and Cool Completely.
Combine ingredients and press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan; I use the bottom of a flat glass to tamp the crust down. Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes. (Bake at 300°F for 10 minutes if using dark nonstick springform pan.)

Make Chocolate Curd.
Combine the cocoa and the boiling water; whisk until smooth, stir in the cold water. Put the egg yolks, chocolate mixture and sugar in the top of a double boiler. Use medium heat and stir with whisk constantly. Once the mixture has heated up (make sure that it's hot because if you start adding the butter before it's hot, it doesn't set up as well) add the butter a couple of pieces at a time. As the previous pieces melt, add 2 more. Once all the butter has been added, continue to whisk and cook for 15 minutes, or until set. Transfer to the fridge and cool completely stirring often to keep the curd smooth and creamy in texture.

Make Cheesecake Batter
Mix sour cream, cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Mix in beaten eggs just until well blended. Remove 1-1/3 cups of the cheesecake batter and stir it into the chocolate curd.

Spoon half the cheesecake batter over prepared crust. Spoon half of the chocolate curd in dollops into pan. Repeat, ending with chocolate curd. With metal spatula or knife, cut through batters to marble.

BAKE at 325°F for 1 hour 20 minutes; remove from oven to cooling rack. Cheesecake will still be very loose but it is done, do not try to bake it until it is firm. (Bake at 300°F for 1 hour 20 minutes if using dark nonstick springform pan.) Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.

img_508819_0_54b70aa10202274c9abe788d75b60538.jpg

img_508819_1_bd8a8ccfee4e2107056f4b80ca0539ea.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lemon Swirl Cheesecake

Crust
1 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
3 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted

Cheesecake Batter
1 cup Sour Cream
4 packages (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
1-cup sugar
3-Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp vanilla
4 eggs, beaten

Lemon Curd
6 large very fresh egg yolks (older eggs will not set up properly)
1-cup sugar
1-tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 stick butter-chopped
20 drops yellow food color

Preparation:

Make crust and cool completely.
MIX crumbs, 3 Tbsp. sugar and butter; press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes. (Bake at 300°F for 10 minutes if using dark nonstick springform pan.)

Make lemon curd
Put the egg yolks, lemon juice, cornstarch and sugar in the top of a double boiler. Use medium heat and stir with whisk constantly. Once the mixture has heated up (make sure that it's hot because if you start adding the butter before it's hot, it doesn't set up as well) add the butter a couple of pieces at a time. As the previous pieces melt, add 2 more. Once all the butter has been added, let it continue to cook for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally. If it is not thick, let it cook longer than the 15 minutes. Transfer to the fridge and cool completely stirring often to keep the butter from separating. While the curd is chilling mix the cheesecake batter.

MIX sour cream, cream cheese, 1-cup sugar, flour and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Mix in beaten eggs. Remove 1-1/3 cups of the cheesecake batter and stir it along with the 20 drops of yellow food color into the cooled lemon curd.

Spoon half the cheesecake batter over prepared crust. Spoon half of the lemon curd in dollops into pan. Repeat, ending with lemon curd. With metal spatula or knife, cut through batters to marble.

BAKE at 325°F for 1 hour 10 minutes or until center is almost set if using silver springform pan. (Bake at 300°F for 1 hour 10 minutes or until center is almost set if using dark nonstick springform pan.) Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.

img_508819_2_14db9363c7c42a8fd6b4aa25c0acc98d.jpg

img_508819_3_7005ca71075e3afc8494fb6d54438637.jpg

img_508819_4_cb874914f923b1eb5d3d72eedafa17b0.jpg

Last edited:
I got this one from my girlfriend a long time ago. Most requested recipe whenever I make this. Rich, decadent and pretty.

OREO CHEESECAKE

GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
1 1/4 cups Graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup Unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup Firmly packed light brown sugar
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon

OREO FILLING:
2 lbs Cream Cheese at room temperature
1 1/2 cups Sugar
2 Tablespn All purpose flour
4 extra large Eggs
2 large Egg yolks
1/3 cup Whipping cream
2 teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/2 cups Coarsely chopped Oreo cookies
2 cups Sour cream

SWISS FUDGE GLAZE
1 cup Whipping cream
8 oz Semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
5 Oreo cookies, halved crosswise
1 Maraschino cherry, halved

FOR CRUST - Blend all ingredients in bottom of 9 or 10-inch springform pan, then press onto bottom and sides. Refrigerate crust until form, about 30 minutes.

FOR FILLING - Preheat oven 425 degrees F. Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on lowest speed until smooth. Beat in 1 1/4 cups sugar and flour until well blended. Beat in eggs and yolks until mixture is smooth. Stir in cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour half of batter into prepared crust. Sprinkle with chopped oreos. Pour remaining batter over, smoothing with spatula. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Bake 50 minutes, covering top loosely with foil if browning too quickly. Pull out of the oven the baked cheesecake.

Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Blend sour cream, the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla in a small bowl. Spread sour cream mixture over baked cheesecake. Bake for 7 minutes. Cover cheese cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate immediately overnight. (I usually cover the top of the pan with a few sheets of paper towel to collect the condensation that builts up then place a plate large enought to cover the pan over it to hold the paper towel in place

FOR GLAZE - Scald cream in heavy medium saucepan over high heat. Add chocolate and vanilla and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir until chocolate is melted. Refrigerate glaze for 10 minutes.

Set cheesecake on platter and remove springform. Pour glaze over top of the cheesecake. Using pastry brush, smooth top and sides. Arrange Oreo halves cut sides down around outer edge of cake. Place cherry halves in center. Refrigerate cake until ready to serve.

P.S. For some reason, sometimes this cheesecake splits and sometimes it doesn't. Don't know why but hey the glaze covers my imperfections just fine.

Back
Top Bottom