Hot Fudge Pudding Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chocoholic

Senior Cook
Hot Fudge Pudding Cake

Ingredients:
Cake
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pudding mixture
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
Dash salt
1 1/3 cups boiling water

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl, combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt; mix well.
Add milk, butter and vanilla; stir until well blended. Spread batter in ungreased 8-inch square or 9-inch round cake pan.
In small bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa and dash salt; mix well. Sprinkle evenly over cake batter. Pour boiling water over sugar mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until center is set and firm to the touch. Serve warm. Store in refrigerator.

Yield: 8 servings.

Thanks! I have a similar recipe, that calls for coffee to be poured over, and PeppA can't stand the smell or taste of coffee! I may have to make this soon!

I make this all the time. My boys can't enough of it!!
I love how the dry ingredients and the water end up hot fudge at the bottom :eek:)

I'm making this, Choc, but maybe instead of boiling water, I'll pour AllenMI's coffee over it.

Is that essentially all that's different, Allen?

Lee

Oh my goodness! This sounds awesome fabulous! I may have to pass this one on to the local coffee shop! Do I just copy and send the link to this thread?

Ok, I can't post the recipe at this time, due to copyright infridgement. However, in the recipe I have, you make a thick, sticky, chocolate cake batter and pour that into a baking pan. Then, you mix some brown sugar, white sugar, and cocoa powder, and sprinkle that over the batter. Finally, a mixture of coffee and water is poured over that, and baked. It's VERY good.

This is a TNT for me too! Soooo addictive and it seems to follow a really wide range of dinners well. I love it with a blob of really cold whip cream or on days when you really need a sugar fix, a drizzle of caramel sauce. Fresh berries on the side of the plate can be nice too, but this cake is awesome just as it is.

I just bought a tester of Starbucks Coffee Liqueur, think I might try this recipe with it and test it out on the coworkers!

AllenMI said:
Thanks! I have a similar recipe, that calls for coffee to be poured over, and PeppA can't stand the smell or taste of coffee! I may have to make this soon!

I'm with PeppA on that one!

My mother used to make this when I was a little girl. I really should make it for my chocoholic husband. Of course, I may a little too!

Can you make this recipe ahead, put it in the frige, and then reheat it? We would like to fix this today and serve it tomorrow?

My mother used to make this dessert when I was a little girl. Brings back warm fuzzy memories. I really must make this for my husband, who is also a chocoholic. :)

My mother had torn a similar recipe out of a Taste of Home's Holiday
Recipe Card collection. We decided to go ahead and cook it on the day of Thanksgiving since we were not sure it could be done ahead of time. I served it in Martini glasses with sugar and orange and yellow sprinkles on top of the glass. Everyone seemed to love it.

I know it's a little late to say it, I just saw the questions from abj, this dessert is best when fresh and hot. It is okay reaheated, but, not near as good fresh.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom