How to make the topping stabilize on cheesecake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Romeo26222

Assistant Cook
Hello
I want to make slices of cheesecake like this, but I wonder how to make the caramel and strawberry topping to be stable layer like this and not be spilled on the side of my slices?
regards

BpUbKt2.jpg

I'm just guessing as I'm no pastry chef. Gelatin?

I doubt you would need anything for the caramel topping as it will set pretty hard once cooled off.

I use arrowroot to thicken the sauce and gelatin to stabilize. Caramel should be cooked longer and then placed on a cold refrigerator.

img_1454115_0_a5aabc90b567cbb9800c9fb1d75ba826.jpg

The strawberry topping can be stabilized with gelatine, or pectin. You simply need more than if you were making a jam or jelly. For the caramel, use corn starch, as if you were making a thick caramel pudding. You could also add egg yolks as if you were making a caramel custard. That would also stabilize the caramel without making it too chewy. Also, if you made a caramel mousse, it would stand tall and hold its shape.

Just some thoughts.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

In addition to above suggestions I would guess freezing it solid and then cutting it while still hard would help. Use unflavored dental floss to cut slices when possible. Cut through then pull floss though bottom of pan (DON'T pull floss up) to avoid messy sides.

Back
Top Bottom