I lost my cheesecake recipe. Can anyone help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicole

Washing Up
I have been waiting to make this cheesecake for awhile now. It's a mint chocolate chip cheesecake. I ordered mint cookies from my neighbor girlscout just to make this cake and now i have misplaced it :cry: . Does anyone have one like it . It has mint cookies as the crust, miniture choco. chips, and it's a green mint color.

would this be it?
World Famous Mint Chocolate Cheesecake

1 1/2 c. finely crushed creme filled Oreo cookies (about 18)
2-3 tbsp. margarine or butter, melted
3 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 (14 oz.) can condensed milk (not evaporated)
3 eggs
1/2 - 1 tsp. peppermint extract
1/8 - 1/4 tsp. green food coloring, optional
1 c. mini chocolate chips
1 tsp. flour

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Combine cookie crumbs and margarine. Press firmly on bottom of 9-inch springform pan.

In large mixer bowl beat cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add eggs, peppermint, and food coloring; mix well.

In small bowl, toss 1/2 chips with flour to coat; stir into cheese mixture. Pour into prepared pan.

Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup chips evenly over top. Bake 1 hour or until cake springs back when lightly touched.

Cool to room temperature. Chill thoroughly. Garnish as desired. Refrigerate leftovers

Rainee, I don't think so. The crust was mint cookies. But, I am going to keep this incase I can't find the other one. this sounds good too. And I can just substitute oreos for thin mints too. I have been searching for 2 days for this darn recipe. I can't believe a let it slip my hands. Thank a bunch :D

THIN MINT CHEESECAKE

Crust:
1 cup Thin Mint cookies -- crushed into bottom of 9" Springform pan
First Layer Filling:
2 8 oz pkgs cream cheese
6 ounces Semi-sweet chocolate chips -- melted
1/2 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Thin Mints -- crushed
2 Eggs -- beaten
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Second Layer Filling:
2 8 oz pkgs cream cheese
6 ounces Chocolate chips
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Sour cream
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 teaspoon Peppermint extract
Topping:
14 ounces Chocolate chips
6 ounces Whipping cream
1 teaspoon Peppermint

First Layer: Beat cream cheese until lumps are gone, then add sugar and
mix well. Add melted chocolate chips, then cookies. Mix in eggs and
vanilla. Pour into pan and place in freezer to firm up.

Second Layer: Beat cream cheese until lumps are gone.
Add sugar, chocolate chips, then sour cream. When smooth, finish with
eggs and extracts.

Pour second layer on top of (hopefully) firm first layer. Bake at 325
degrees for 1-1/2 hours, until top feels jiggly but firm. Cool,
refrigerate.

Topping: Melt chocolate chips, whisk in cream and peppermint. While
topping is still runny, spread over whole cake and decorate with cookies.
Accent with green icing around cookies. Keep chilled.

I found it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks rainee for helping me.

Chocolate-Chocolate Mint Cheesecake uses your leftover Girl Scout Cookies.
INGREDIENTS:

1 box Thin Mints*, divided
5 tablespoons butter, melted
4 – 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
4 eggs
PREPARATION:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Crush enough cookies to make 1-1/3 cups crumbs. Cut remaining cookies into quarters and set aside. Mix crumbs with butter and press into 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
Beat cream cheese and sugar.

Stir in extract and chocolate. Add eggs, one at a time. Combine until just blended. Stir in quartered cookies. Pour over crust. Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour or until all but very center is set. Run knife around edge of pan. Cool on wire rack. Once cooled remove pan rim. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.

Glad you found it, I hate when I lose a recipe.

Rainee, Got bad news... THe one i posted isn't the one i wanted BUT, I found the ONE. i'm just having a hard time trying to post it. It's from adobe and i can't figure out how to do it with out copy and paisting. im going to scan it in my computer and then copy and past. hope it works.

THIS IS THE ONE I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR.

Thin Mints Cheesecake By Eric Dowty, Culinary Student The Art Institute of Washington.
Crust:
2 cups Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies, Crumbled.
3 tbs Sugar.
2 oz Melted Butter.

Filling:
24 oz Cream Cheese at room temperature.
2/3 cup Sugar.
3 Eggs.
1 tsp. Peppermint Extract /syrup.
Green Food coloring to your desire.
Fresh Mint Sprig for Garnish.

Procedure:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees 2. For crust, crumble Thin Mint cookies and combine with sugar and butter. 3. Press into bottom of a 9 inch springform pan and set aside. 4. For filling, beat cream cheese with sugar in a mixer. 5. Add eggs to mixer one at a time, blending well between additions. 6. Add the peppermint syrup and food coloring. 7. Pour into pan over crust. 8. Place in oven, Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes, or until set. 9. Garnish with fresh mint and crumbled Thin Mints.

This is a really great one that I have.

Mint Cheesecake with Mint Cookie Crust
2 c Thin Mint Cookie Crumbs
1/4 c Butter, melted
24oz Cream cheese, softened
3/4c Sugar
3 Eggs
1/3 c Creme de menthe liqueur
4 White chocolate squares, melted
Mint chocolate bar (garnish)
Thin Mint cookie crumbs (garnish)

Heat oven to 325F
Crust:
1.Combine chocolate wafer crumbs with melted butter. Press into bottom and 2 inches up sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
Filling:
1.Beat cream cheese and sugar until very smooth.
2.Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended. Beat in liqueur and melted white chocolate.
3.Pour over prepared crust and bake for 50 minutes or until center is just set. Remove from oven and cool at room temperature. Chill overnight.
Garnish:
1.Make curls by running a vegetable peeler along narrow edge of a mint chocolate bar. Decorate cake with chocolate curls and cookie crumbs.

Kansas, I might have to try this. I'm a little scared, I just made a girlscout mint cookie cheesecake this weekend that I have been dying to make for a year and it didn't turn out the way I thought it would. I was thinking that cheesecake isn't supposed to taste like mint. I don't think it had enough mint in it and It wasn't sweet enough. I think I am going to make this since it has liqueur instead of extract. I hope that will make a difference. thanks

Back
Top Bottom