Ice Cream Sandwich Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Thought this would make a quick yummy dessert. I might omit the M&M's. Think kids would enjoy it as a birthday cake. (I'm still a big kid too, so I might go for it M&M's n all, when no one is looking. :) )

Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
16 ice cream sandwiches, softened
1 16-oz container chocolate Cool whip topping
1 12-oz jar chocolate fudge topping
2 bags (about 16 oz M&M candies)
1/4 cup chocolate syrup

Layer 8 of the sandwiches in a 9x13 baking dish side by side, press down a little to join them. Spread evenly1/2 of the Cool Whip and 1/2 of the topping. Sprinkle 1/2 of the candy over layer. Repeat with another layer of same. Drizzle with chocolate syrup to finish. Cover and freeze 3 hours or until firm. Slice with a serrated knife. Yield: 12 Servings

Another idea: Use two flavors of ice cream sandwiches (i.e. 1/2 vanilla ice cream & 1/2 chocolate ice cream). On the first layer, alternate the flavors side by side, vanilla, chocolate, vanilla etc.
Next layer top with opposite flavor sandwiches -chocolate, vanilla, chocolate (for maybe? a checkerboard effect when sliced). Hope that makes sense

You're very welcome, crewsk. (With all that chocolate, I might have to get a big spoon, & go to a quiet dark place, where no one will find me.) :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom