Icing substitution

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MystieDawn

Assistant Cook
I looked through previous threads and didn't find this topic so I am going to start one. I want to make icing for my cake. Buttercream that is thick enough for decorating. The recipe I have calls for shortening and butter. I don't like using shortening so if you know how to substitute shortening with something that will give it the same consistency. If this was a previous thread then I am sorry and please point me into the right direction.

I would think softened butter, and confectioners sugar plus a little vanilla would do it.

I looked through previous threads and didn't find this topic so I am going to start one. I want to make icing for my cake. Buttercream that is thick enough for decorating. The recipe I have calls for shortening and butter. I don't like using shortening so if you know how to substitute shortening with something that will give it the same consistency. If this was a previous thread then I am sorry and please point me into the right direction.

Miss Mystie....Click HERE

The recipe called for 1/2 c shortening and 1/2 c butter. I just used 1c butter and so far so good. It isn't melting so I think it worked. Thanks for ya'lls advice!!

Back
Top Bottom