Icing Sugar drives me bonkers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gravy Queen,

I know what you mean about dark colored counters, as I have Cherry- red Counters ( rental, not my choice ) and thus, the white specs from confectioner´s sugar or anyother white dusty product ...

Since we do not have an open air terrace, I cover the part of the counter I am going to work on ...

Nice post GQ.

Have nice Thursday,
Ciao, Margi.

Alix - no problem!! In fact I am totally fascinated by this pastry blender thingy, its looks marvellous. I wouldnt begin to know where to get one here but I'd like one!!!

The bees left me alone with my sugar we do have one bush in the garden which fascinates them so they leave me alone!

Yes good job I didnt choose a windy day, my hair would have ended up like candy floss!

Margi - cherry red counters sound lovely! Mine are black and glossy, same as my KA so I get paranoid about the dreaded icing sugar messing them all up!

I wrap plastic wrap around the bowl and the head of the mixer (that rounded spot just above the beater), making sure to go around the back and that it's tight enough not to get caught up, that keeps the sugar in the bowl. I also use the plastic wrap for when something might splatter. I learned this from that Rose lady that wrote the cake bible. Cheaper than a splatter shield and you don't have to clean it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom