Individual Tiramisu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

college_cook

Head Chef
Here's a recipe I tried today for individual tiramisu servings, meant for a plated presentation.

Ladyfingers:
6 eggs, separated
3 oz cornstarch
4 oz bread flour
6 oz granulated sugar
few drops lemon juice

Sift together cornstarch and flour. Reserve. Whip egg yolks with 2 oz sugar until light and creamy. Reserve. Add 2 oz of remaining sugar to egg whites, along with lemon juice, and whip on high speed until it is foamy and has tripled in volume. Then, gradually add the remaining 2 oz of sugar and whip to stiff peaks. Fold egg yolk mixture into egg whites. Fold flour/cornstarch mixture into egg whites.

Preheat oven to 400. Pipe batter into 2-inch rounds on a greased baking sheet. (I did this at first, but ended up portioning out the batter in small spoonfuls. Do whatever is easier for you) Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.

Mascarpone Filling:

8 oz mascarpone.
1.5 cups cream
1 egg
4.5 oz corn syrup

Heat corn syrup on medium heat. In the mean time, beat 1 egg on high speed until light and foamy, about 30 seconds, and reserve. Whip cream to stiff peaks and reserve. When the corn syrup comes to a boil, graduallr add it to the beaten egg, whipping constantly. Continue to whip until mixture has cooled completely. (I used an ice bath to speed this up). Once cooled, gradually stir egg mixture into mascarpone. Fold that into the whipped cream.

Assembly:

Strong coffee, espresso, or coffee liqueur as needed.
Piping bag (if you dont have one just cut the tip off a ziploc bag).

Soak your ladyfinger rounds in coffee (or other liquid) until they are fully soaked (only a few seconds for me) and place them on a baking sheet or sheet pan. Place one round on plate, and then pipe your mascarpone filling in a slightly smaller circle on top of it. If you pipe too much, The filling will run over the sides when you put your next ladyfinger on. At this point, you can top the filling with cocoa powder or shaved chocolate if you like. Then, place on the next ladyfinger, and then filling, repeating the process until you have 4 of each layer. If you like you can pipe a small rosette of filling on the top layer, or add some small berries. Serve.

This is a picture of the finished product. I hope you all enjoy it!

PS: Should make between 5-7 servings.

Attachments

• Tiramisu.jpg
    Tiramisu.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Beautiful! A very nice change from the same old same old traditional Tiramisu presentation. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom