Is it really "better than sex" cake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2dogsmom

Cook
this comes from paula deen's show; i have not tried it yet, but it looked delicious!

1 (18.25 oz) box yellow cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare
1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 (3.4 oz) box french vanilla pudding, plus ingredients to prepare
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 cup flaked, sweetened toasted coconut

preheat oven to 350.
prepare cake mix as directed using a greased 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. while cake is baking, combine the pineapple and 1 cup of the sugar in a saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly. remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.

remove cake from oven and using a fork, pierce holes into cake. pour pineapple mixture over hot cake and set aside.

prepare pudding according to package. spread pudding over cake and refridgerate until thoroughly chilled. whip heavy cream and remaining sugar until stiff. cover top of cake with whipped cream and sprinkle toasted coconut on top.

If cake is better than sex, that doesn't necessarily mean the cake is great...

Lol I actually know the cake by the name of Robert Redford cake but others call it this and the cake is delicious. ;)

i don't think that i will understand baking.

brownies can get you naked, but then all you get to do is eat a cake? sheesh! no wonder baking can be frustrating...

To paraphrase Rodney Dangerfield, 'Eating has replaced sex in my life. I just installed a mirror over the kitchen table.'

i don't think that i will understand baking.

brownies can get you naked, but then all you get to do is eat a cake? sheesh! no wonder baking can be frustrating...

I hear ya buckytom. You don't want to see me nekkid at anytime. Not even for brownies. And sex and cake? No to both of them. Too much effort. I just want to relax and enjoy my old age. :sleep:

this comes from paula deen's show; i have not tried it yet, but it looked delicious!

1 (18.25 oz) box yellow cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare
1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 (3.4 oz) box french vanilla pudding, plus ingredients to prepare
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 cup flaked, sweetened toasted coconut

preheat oven to 350.
prepare cake mix as directed using a greased 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. while cake is baking, combine the pineapple and 1 cup of the sugar in a saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly. remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.

remove cake from oven and using a fork, pierce holes into cake. pour pineapple mixture over hot cake and set aside.

prepare pudding according to package. spread pudding over cake and refridgerate until thoroughly chilled. whip heavy cream and remaining sugar until stiff. cover top of cake with whipped cream and sprinkle toasted coconut on top.

I don't know about the above recipe but the one I have had is this one as posted below and my husband said it's the best cake he has ever eaten:

Chocolate Better than Sex Cake Recipe

Better Than Sex Cake

A popular chocolate cake with loads of chocolate, caramel topping, candy bars and whipped topping.
Ingredients:

• 1 German chocolate or other chocolate cake, baked, 13x9x2-inch
  • 3/4 cup fudge topping
  • 3/4 cup caramel or butterscotch topping
  • 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
  • 6 chocolate covered toffee bars
  • 1 tub of whipped topping or 1 envelope Dream Whip, prepared with milk
Preparation:

Do not remove cake from pan. After the cake has cooled, make holes in the entire top of the cake using a large fork or the handle of a wooden spoon. Pour (one at a time) fudge, butterscotch, and condensed milk over the top of the cake and let each flavor soak in before adding the next. Crush 3 of the candy bars and sprinkle on the top. Frost the cake with the whipped topping and crush the 3 remaining toffee bars to decorate the top. Try to keep your hands off of this great cake before serving!
Serves 12
While the first one definitely sounds delicious (and I will try it sometime), without chocolate it can't even begin to pretend to be better than sex. :LOL: The second one would definitely be a contender, but I tend to agree with Alix. :angel:

A great title for possibly a great recipe. All your responses truly make me :LOL:! Great to be part of discusscooking.com:)

And honestly: no recipe will ever, ever be better than...... (even not SOUP;))

Back
Top Bottom