Is mock whipped cream frosting shelf stable?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alex566

Assistant Cook
The frosting recipe where you cook milk and flour together with sugar and add shortening, is it ok to put it on a cake thats not going to be in the fridge? You would think so. If i were to make cupcakes and put that on them and set my cupcakes out on the counter for 4 days would they still be ok?

yeah i know, thats a long time and i don't think i would ever do that. I live by myself and i make very small batches of cupcakes and always put them straight into the fridge. I would like to have a room temp cupcake once in a while.

I don't know about the that kind of frosting but I often leave baked goods out of the fridge. I have only ever refrigerated real whip cream frosting cakes. Other than that I've never refrigerated baked goods. I figure you don't put chocolate chip cookies in the fridge, why a cake?

yeah i know, thats a long time and i don't think i would ever do that. I live by myself and i make very small batches of cupcakes and always put them straight into the fridge. I would like to have a room temp cupcake once in a while.

i just take out what i want,half hour before i eat it.:chef:

I frost my christmas sugar cookies with a frosting made from powered sugar, butter, and a bit of milk and I keep them in a container on the counter for a few weeks with no problems.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom