ISO advice on cupcake cases (papers)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baking Sue

Assistant Cook
Can anyone help me with my cup cakes - nearly everytime I bake them the cases come away from the cakes! This never used to happen but happens almost everytime now and with different recipes :( The cakes themselves are great but cant present them HELP Please!

sounds like it may be the cupcake papers, they may be treated to be non stick, like a pan liner, they will look the same but will have that non-stick stuff in them.

If it is doing it with multiple recipes, than I suspect the cupcake liners.

Cupcake papers are a pain in the...., both in the baking process and during the eating. Many times the base of the cake sticks to the paper, crumbles, and generally makes a big mess.

I don't even use them anymore. I treat the tin with non-stick and the cupcakes come out wonderfully, and whole.

I don't know if you used coloured or white cases but this may help.

I buy my white cases in bulk through my cake decorating supplier and have never had any problems. I have used these same ones for years. However, I recently did a large bunch of cupcakes with panda faces for a kid's day camp and got special cases that were black with white polka dots and they pulled away on about 80% of them. I was really mad - with 200 cupcakes you aren't going to redo them in different cases!

I checked it out and the colored cases are treated so that the colour does not bleed to the inside of the cup. Also, some companies are making them out of thinner paper.

Back
Top Bottom