Hey there! Somehow I just baked banana bread & banana cake this week! Here you go, out of my blog :D
Le Awesome Banana Cake
3 each bananas very ripe
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 cup walnuts chopped
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoon baking powder
Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter bread pan and coat with flour.
Mix flour, salt & baking soda. Cream butter & sugar. Mix in egg & vanilla. Mix in bananas and nuts. Add flour mixture.
Mix all ingredients together thoroughly. Pour in bread pan. Bake at 350 F for approx. 1 hour or until a toothpick can be extracted cleanly from the bread.
or you can try out this recipe which's another on my list:
The Best Ever Banana Cake
3/4 cup butter
2 1/8 cups sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk ( i used normal milk )
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas ( 2 big bananas )
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3 1/2 cups icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 200 degC
2. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan.
3. In a small bowl, mix mashed banana with the lemon juice; set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
5. In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and 2 1/8 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
6. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in 2 tsp vanilla.
7. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
8. Stir in banana mixture.
9. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for one hour or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
10. Remove from oven and place directly into the freezer for 45 minutes.
11. This will make the cake very moist.
12. For the frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
13. Beat in 1 tsp vanilla.
14. Add icing sugar and beat on low speed until combined, then on high speed until frosting is smooth.
15. Spread on cooled cake.
16. Sprinkle chopped walnuts over top of the frosting, if desired.