ISO Cake Frosting Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
I need a good TNT recipe for cake frosting. You know, the kind you get on a store bought/bakery cake (Wal-Mart, Target, etc).

Thanks!

surely you don't mean Crisco and sugar?! Buttercream is the way to go, Angie. Look on the box of powdered sugar for this, and then take the flavorings you add from there.

I'm thinking it's the Crisco one. My best friend and my sister in law both LOVE frosting. They don't care what the cake is, they just want the "roses"!! Last year for Christmas, I went to our local grocery store (Hy-Vee) and bought a nice amount of frosting from their bakery as a gag gift for my SIL! LOL!

If that's what they want, go for it. Too many "roses" and I'm greased out. Couldn't give you any proportions on the Crisco vs. sugar. I bet the Hy-Vee bakery wouldn't mind giving you an idea, though.

:) A true butter cream is delicious but it melts really easy in a warm room so it has to be refridgerated the reason alot of bakers or cake makers use a shortening is it has a high melting point so it wont run off the cake in a warmer enviroment such as in a house or hall or outside where it will be alot warmer then a fridge the other reason is it's alot cheaper.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom